If you had 1-month to get in the best shape possible, what would your workout regimen and nutrition be?

@sriad Could probably do even more tbh. 215s is pretty big, I’d be aiming to lose at least 2lbs a week, maybe more if it’s a bit of a crash. I’d sacrifice potentially a little muscle mass to be absolutely peeled for a once a year event.

@miamivice Agreed, didn’t read his specific numbers. When I was that big I was losing like 1,500 calories a day and doing fine. I believe I was doing 2,200 calories 25,000 steps and a PPL at that size

The important thing is burning most of your calories from really low intensity cardio imo. Walking barely fatigues you and allows you to burn a shit ton of fat. As long as you’re not eating below your BMR you’ll be fine

@rd0845336 Not everyone can swim + being in the water for the amount of time it would take to burn the 800-1000 calories you get from 20,000 steps would be pretty exhausting to someone who doesn’t have a background

Walking is just about as turn your brain off as it gets and takes practically 0 toll on the body physically or mentally provided you’re not speed racing. It’s just so repeatable for 30 straight days

@sriad Wear floaties and take a class if you don’t know how. Also most lap pools are like 4-5ft deep

The wear and tear on the body for 20k steps if you don’t walk a lot already, especially if over weight is wild.

I think we are both assuming OP is 10-15ish over what they want to be to look good shirtless at a festival. They are also probably already in decent shape under the weight.

I know I don’t have time for a 3 hr, 10 mile walk to burn that extra. And it’s not even 1000 cal burned in 3 hours, depending on weight/speed where 90 mins swimming burns a full 1000

@mamared1 Be realistic. You didn’t gain it in a month, and you won’t lose it in a month. At most, you might lose 10 lbs (2.5/week) and you’ll have to push hard and be hungry all month to do that.

@lovebytes That would be a 4666 calorie reduction from your maintenance, pretty impossible unless u're 230cm tall and 180kg with a maintenance of 7000 calories.

@mamared1 In one month I’d probably try to do a hard shred at like 500-700 cal deficit high protein diet while trying to do some strength training to retain some muscle mass

@mamared1 maintenance work in the gym 7x a week

4 meals a day no more than 10g carbs preferably something micro dense, 0.33g protein per 1 pound body fat per meal. Fat would be only whats from protein sources. Lean proteins only.

at 215 you can lose 2-4 pounds per week depending on your body fat %

however you prolly wont lose much more than 5% bodyfat in a month