Im dead after 90 mins

@ausilio 2hrs is where i end up with usually because i have 3mins of rest, wait for machines, set up plates, and do cardio

but you should really follow a program instead of just winging it

if you want to prioritize arms then you may enjoy an ‘Arnold Split’

@ausilio It's not about how long you're in the gym, but the quality of your workout. Aim for 45-60 minutes, focusing on compound exercises for shoulders, chest, and arms. Increase weight gradually and listen to your body. Over time, you'll build endurance and efficiency.

@ausilio A novice could easily a) be done with pressing after 30 or so minutes, and b) need little enough stress that they could do this 2-3 times a week.

If you're really intent on doing all the volume on one day for whatever reason here are example routines with progressively greater volume. It sounds like you're probably winging it.

@ausilio The sweet spot for literally most people is about ~40 - 60 minutes, which is more than enough to look and feel amazing. There's no need to exceed that unless you're training for some sort of athletic goal.

@ausilio Me too bro, that’s a long workout.

To put it into a simple context, an average person might complete a half marathon or a triathlon sprint in 90 minutes. If those sound hard, it’s what you’re doing in the gym!

Thanks for all the comments.

I'm a total newbie and so made some wrong assumptions. Was also kinda looking around the place to see how long everyone else was staying for and going by that.

I'm still aching today (24 hours after last workout) and so probably overdid it?

Back in the gym tomorrow and so I'll take onboard the tips given in the thread.

@ausilio Don’t measure strength/muscle mass training in terms of time.

Sets x reps x weight, with at least one of those variables increasing any (and every) time you can

Pick 3-5 exercises that you feel really well in the target muscle, do 3-5 sets 5-30 reps (anything in that range is fine) of each of them. Take ≈2 minutes in between sets. With a couple of easier (lighter) warmup sets before the work, this workout should take between roughly 20 and 60 minutes at the absolute most.

Try and either add a little weight, or do a few more reps, each time you train these exercises. Repeat this process for at least several weeks.