If there was an equivalent of the “Dead Hang” but for your hips instead of shoulders, what would it be?

@balabob You could get a box around hip height and try standing pigeons and standing lizards, they've worked wonders for me for hip and ankle mobility.

Asian/Slavic squats and holding the bottom pos are good as well as said by others here.

@balabob I think a lot of these suggestions are great, but more information needs to be given. It sounds like a lot of your upper body issues were due to mobility issues. Potentially hyperkyphotic posture which can lead to shoulder issues, lumbar spine will compensate and take on more load. The dead hangs because of what it does has basically opened you back up helping with shoulder and mid to upper back issues. All of this is an assumption based on the little info I have available.

My question, what exactly is going on with your hips? What do you feel? Is there anything that aggravates the hips? I saw a comment mention that you have a hip impingement, but I don’t see that anywhere. It also wouldn’t make sense since you say do the pigeon pose/stretch. Provide a little more info what it is your feeling and want to fix, please. Without the extra info a lot of these suggestions are just recommendations based on the benefits from an exercise. Doesn’t mean it’ll actually be what you want or need.

@balabob If you have yoga blocks you can try bridge then slide a block under your sacram at the lowest height. From there try #4 hip opener, then reverse it, instead of crossing one ankle over the opposite knee, gently open hip laterally with knee bent and slide your ankle behind the opposite foot. It targets deep core muscles in the lumbar region psoas, illiacus, TFL, and IT band. It can be a very itense stretch and I recommend placing a support block under your lower thigh at first. Squats, lunges and Bridge pose can help strengthen the lower body. Plough could also be helpful, and shoulder-stands.