Is doing 30 min cardio 3-4 times a week enough to see improvements?

@ladyinjury1818 I have the echelon connect & I bought it at Walmart 22 weeks ago for 370. I also bought a separate tablet. The app is way too expensive so I use the peloton app and a conversion app on my phone since peloton is different with resistance than echelon.

It has honestly been my favorite form of cardio ever. I have a treadmill downstairs and I use to use that until I got this. peloton has so many class on the app, I started off small and now I'm doing upto 60 min classes. I usually do 30-45 min classes and maybe one 60min per week. A regular 30 min class (depending on what type of class) burns around 300 calories for me on my conversion app. I've noticed my legs and butt have leaned out especially since I also do at home workouts before my spin class each morning :) it's such a good challenge like you'll be riding thinking it's impossible to finish but you end up pushing further than you ever have each time it's amazing 🤩

Not sure if that sentence sounded correct but I do one 30-45 min spin class per day and maybe one 60 min class per week and usually one rest day from everything

@ladyinjury1818 As a coach the real answer isn’t yes or no. It depends. Your definition of getting fitter can be achieved in 4 cardio sessions but it also depends on intensity and recovery as well.

Also when you say fitter do you want to lose weight as well? You can’t outrun your fork so 3-4 cardio sessions isn’t enough to lose weight if you’re not in a deficit. But if that’s not your goal then ignore that part

@cheesed1 No I'm pretty ok with my weight.

It's just that I'd love to build endurance over the next three month and right know I'm just doing about 2 hours of cardio a weeks, which feels like very little. On the other side, these short sessions leave me exhausted so I'm wondering if it's because I'm already doing enough to improve my fitness level or I should push myself more.

@ladyinjury1818 I’ve gone through many many waves of being fit and being not fit. I find that for the first few weeks of picking up exercise (cardio or weights) again I get bone tired after every workout. Like, so tired that I’m ready to get in bed and fall asleep at 7 PM. My guess is that your body isn’t used to exerting itself and so you’re extremely tired now but over time you’ll be less tired after you exercise. I have found that food plays a huge part in the energy thing as well. I used to underestimate how much protein I need when I start working out again and now I try to be better about consciously working in more protein when I’m doing more physical activity.

In short — I think it’s normal that you’re tired, it’ll get better over time, and make sure that you’re eating more protein to make up for the energy loss

@ladyinjury1818 If you are feeling challenged, you are improving. It might be helpful to have have one longer session with a lesser intensity once a week. Mixing it up is always a great idea.

@ladyinjury1818 My only piece of advice is that you may eventually see diminishing returns from the same workout length, as your body gets more accustomed to it. You may want to adjust up (either adding a few minutes or upping the intensity). But otherwise sounds like you’re doing great!

@mkonu I’m 28 I have been running 20 years and I have yet to find diminishing returns! My only period of diminishing returns is when I was Ill and couldn’t run for a year :S

@ladyinjury1818 I think so! A lot of my exercise happens at home on my stationary bike. Ive made a habit of cycling whilst watching TV and aim for around 40 mins a day now. I also use smaller weights for my arms and try and improve my plank and core. Just start small and do more if you think you can. I started just doing 20 mins every other day. If you already go for regular walks thatll probably burn more calories, but I think cycling is always a good idle way to get in regular exercise :) consistency is key x

@ladyinjury1818 I think so! A lot of my exercise happens at home on my stationary bike. Ive made a habit of cycling whilst watching TV and aim for around 40 mins a day now. I also use smaller weights for my arms and try and improve my plank and core. Just start small and do more if you think you can. I started just doing 20 mins every other day. If you already go for regular walks thatll probably burn more calories, but I think cycling is always a good idle way to get in regular exercise :) consistency is key x

@ladyinjury1818 Short answer: yes!

You may want to incorporate some long walks (starting with short walks!) in there, too, just to try to maybe simulate what it's going to be like to be on your feet for an extended amount of time.

And never be afraid to say if something is too out of your comfort zone or if you don't feel safe or up to doing an activity. Hope it's a great trip!