Is intermediate fasting needed for weight loss? What time do u guys start/stop eating

tendo

I've been trying to lose weight and can't do IF because I'm afraid it'll trigger my past ED restricting habits. I'm in a calorie deficit and don't have breakfast until 7-8 and typically stop eating around 7/8pm. I wanted to do 16:8 but with school n such it's just not realistic and I'll end up malnourishing my body. Have any of u seen progress without IF?

@tendo You don’t have to do IF to lose weight. As long as you’re eating in a consistent calorie deficit you’re fine. I lost 7kg just from eating in a deficit, you don’t need to worry

@tendo You absolutely do not need to do IF to lose weight and I would actively discourage it if you have a history of EDs. IF is just one way some people find works for them to provide structure to what is essentially calorie restriction.

Calorie counting is the simplest way to provide structure without limiting eating windows.

@tendo You don’t need to do it, weight loss is about calories in and calories out however IF has changed my life and made me feel so much healthier, i usually eat between 1-7 but most people do 12-8