Is my bench increasing at a decent rate?

mayadanielle

34 M, 6'0, 196 lbs.

Started lifting exactly 3 months ago and could bench 125 for 5 reps starting out. Maxed out today at 210 for 1 rep.

Is this a decent increase for bench over 3 months? If not, what weight should I be at 3 months in going by my starting bench number?

@mayadanielle I hit 225 yesterday. So no slow yet. I write everything down their was two weeks where I got stuck at 205 bench 380 deadlifts and 380 squats. I took 5 days off healed up came back did 225 bench 400 squat 400 deadlift. Super hyped on mike mentzer dudes huge and extremely smart check him out

@mayadanielle Hell yes that’s great progress! With 125 for 5 reps, a rough estimate of your 1RM at the time would be around 145, so based on that you’ve added nearly 70 pounds to your 1RM!

@mayadanielle A rough estimate is that a weight you can do a maximum of 5 times is 87% of your 1RM, so divide 125 by .87. If you look up “%1RM-Rep relationship” you’ll find a table with estimates. It’s obviously imperfect, and there will be a ton of variation from person to person, but overall it’s a cool tool!