Can’t bench 5kgs even after 6 months of gymming

@lakers44 Same. Have started using Smith Machine where I have put 10-10 kg each both sides. Will try increasing strength for next one month and increase Decline push ups so that Bench Press form gets better.

@lakers44 Are you a guy or a girl?

If you're a girl, you're really strong. Women have less muscle strength and on top of that lesser upper body muscle mass so benching is incredibly hard for women. 2x5kg plate + 15kg bar = 25kg is a decent bench, especially for a beginner female.

If you're a guy, make sure you're getting enough protein (at least 1g of protein per kilogram of body weight, 1.6g/kg ideally), training close to failure and getting enough rest. Also make sure that your program allows for muscle recovery.

@lakers44 no offense dude but do you do cardio for 45 min and do strength for 15 min ? Its insane........are you eating your protein properly ? are you consistent in gym ? do you go to gym like once or twice and have missed the gym completely for a month or two in the past 6 months?

And i think people who can do 10kgs on dumbbell should be able to do 5kg plates on bench. Somethings seriously off.. provide your Gender,height, weight, Diet, Workout frequency , workout regiment, any illness you might have had in past 6 months and other details ....

@lakers44 When you are doing it for the first time in your life, this is entirely possible. Focusing on diet micronutrition, micronutrition (like zinc, Magnesium, d3 etc) and proper sleep would definitely help along the way.

@lakers44 in case you’re girl or someone who have long term health than keeps your headsup it surely get better with hustle, in case you’re guy in Ashneer govor voice “kya kar raha haan bhai tu? ”, on a serious note raise your calorie intake man and try to do more pushups and bar dips to get better strength also in case you have long term injury on shoulders try to check with doctor before lifting weight, also cheer up man we all started from somewhere it took me around 2.5 years to reach 100 bench for reps

Back