Is there a trusted "Has-it-all-vitamin" for Men?

@g48dd No-it’s a natural anxiolytic. Of the supplements I take, it is honestly barely hanging on at this point. I really haven’t noticed much of a difference and may remove it.

@mturling In no particular order, and with individual needs varying, I don't personally have a one-pill-does it all. I have found a variety of different supplements for my needs and exertion levels. Not just haphazardly, but also in line with modifying the diet, no alcohol, 7 - 8 hours of sleep.

SPM's - Specialized Pro Resolving Mediators

Fish Oils - either pills or naturally through dense, deep sea or wild caught fish for meals.

Magnesium - Myocalm

Vitamin D3

Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies

Grass fed beef liver pills

@mturling 👍🏼 check some studies out. It is a pill that helps with inflammation and there is a decent review that highlights the efficacy of SPM’s if you search NIH studies.

@mturling BCAA don't do much. For multivitamins, other than ashwagandha, which is neither a vitamin nor a mineral, pretty much any multivitamin out there would work? I go with Solgar, but there are a dozen decent brands.

@mturling Yeah, a healthy well rounded diet.

Pick a vitamin that has a decent amount of everything. If you don't care about dollhairs, just pick up a vita pack from optimum nutrition, or animal stack. Probably overkill but it's got everything. Or just Google " the last vitamin I'll ever need "

@mturling I do magnesium and creatine. Thats all. I did try pine pollen for a while but didnt notice any changes. I want to add potassium too my suite but I have not found any without any which tastes good but also doesnt have artifical sweeteners.

@mturling There is no such thing.

Get an appointment with an endocrinologist. Mine, who's dual PhDs in endocrinology and psychology, told me (M43) to have the following tests before we could have a meaningful talk:
  • Code:
    Thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH
  • Code:
    Serotonin, serum
  • Code:
    25-OH Vitamin D
  • Code:
    Hemoglobin
  • Code:
    Free thyroxine, FT4
  • Catecholamines:
    Code:
    epinephrine
    /
    Code:
    adrenaline
    Code:
    norepinephrine
    /
    Code:
    noradrenaline
    Code:
    dopamine
  • Code:
    Free triiodthyronine, FT3
  • Code:
    Testosterone
  • Code:
    Free testosterone
  • Code:
    HOMA-IR (Homeostasis Model Assessment of Insulin Resistance)
    (
    Code:
    fasting plasma glucose (FPG) test
    ) and/or a
    Code:
    hemoglobin A1C (HbA1C) test
  • Code:
    Luteinizing hormone, LH
  • Code:
    Estradiol, E2
  • Code:
    SHBG; testosterone-estradiol-binding globulin
(My wife was told to get additionally tested for
Code:
Prolactin
and
Code:
Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, DHEA-S
. And we once in a while take saliva sample test to measure peak levels of the hormone
Code:
Cortisol
- it is related to stress response.)

What followed was two years (and counting) of fine-tuned prescriptions. No supplements besides Vitamin D, regular meds in tiny doses. I've got my tests in an Excel sheet, I have an appointment every 4 months and the doc tweaks the dosages based on that data.

The results are amazing - libido and sex life are better than ever, fatigue and headaches practically gone, gym became enjoyable.

Don't expect that a single over-the-counter magic pill would solve all your issues.

@agueli I'm aware it will be way different for me or anyone else, and I get if it TMI for you but what type of prescriptions would a person expect to take after these test results? For example: do you take prescription T booster, stress management drugs, or other types of hormone imbalance drugs?

@mturling I get three different prescription meds for thyroid function (Clomifene, Iodine, and Levothyroxine in tiny amounts, like half a tablet on odd days or once a week), which restored my testosterone to normal in the course of 6 months. Other meds manage cortisol (which is responsible for stress response), and insulin resistance / borderline Type2 diabetes it causes (Metformin, Semaglutide). I live in a northern country, so I take 10000 units of Vitamin D, since lower doses did little difference in blood tests even in several months' span. There are also meds that manage blood pressure (turned out I started developing hypertension, once it got addressed I suddenly got rid of tension headaches).

Tweaking hormones is a game of whack-a-mole - you touch one and others are affected. For example, cortisol goes through the roof if you are stressed, causing diabetes in the long run - but mine for some reason plummeted. This is why you need a professional to decipher it. It is a long game, but for me the results were life-changing.