Is there anything I can do that doesn’t require me to change my diet, but will still make me loose weight?

@lidalulu Sure it is. Most people fail at it though just like I did. You can't outrun a bad diet. What typically happens is that it works until it doesn't. Trying to work out with a 1000 calorie deficit long term will just kill you. If you fix your diet you won't even have the deficit to get rid of so you will never gain any excess. Take it from a guy who is almost 50 that trying to be fit as you age without fixing your diet is the reason most people eventually start saying they are old and can't do it anymore. You have to work smarter as you age not harder. Giving yourself a 1000 calorie deficit, you have to work off with exercise, is far harder than just eating the correct number of calories so you don't have to do that.

@lidalulu Sure it does. I did the same thing for 2 years to lose 80 pounds in my mid 40s. It is just much easier to modify your diet to make the deficit then just try and work out more. By doing the one you suggest you never learned to control your weight with diet alone. That is something that is key to fitness as you age. Basically, if you want to be in really good shape at 50 you likely stopped trying out work a poor diet. Just a lesson I learned as someone who is now pushing 50.

@psalms91forme Maybe start saying “I’m asian and I make and prefer eating flavourful, healthy food that my body needs” instead of “I’m asian and carbs are a necessity for my diet”. Change your thoughts and you change your world.