I've made a comprehensive program guide for free

peinopela

DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM: https://goo.gl/Hkn34U

Hello everyone!

There are many reasons why r/bodyweightfitness is awesome but for me the number 1 reason is the no BS advice that is free for everyone. This is something that the fitness community in general seems to lack but not here. The recommended routine is one of the best free resources for anyone getting started with bodyweight training. This along with countless users who spend their own time helping out others for nothing in return. People like @fromgenesistorevelation , @stephaniethomps , @milliekeeling23 , @deborah123 just to name a few.

The online bodyweight community has give me so much that I have devoted a lot of time over the past 18 months in trying to give something back through my YouTube channel.

Now in 2017 this has all come together into my own personal recommended routines, The Bodyweight Warrior Program. A training template for various goals at various stages in this journey. A completely free guide to get people started and working towards there goals.

The eBook contains 3 programs:
  • Beginners - Full body routine similar to the RR.
  • Skill development - Split routine focused around developing bodyweight skills.
  • Mass gain - Split routine focused on building a functional and aesthetic body through bodyweight training.
All 3 programs contain both example workouts and structures as well as a template for you to apply your own ability and goals to create your own program unique to you. Remember this eBook is not a final solution but a foundation for you to build upon.

I really hope you check out the program and most importantly get some value out of it that helps your training.

For more info watch the video:

I would love to here your thoughts so please leave a comment!

Much love,

Tom

Instagram @TheBodyweightWarrior

*I know there is already a post about this but just wanted to personally share it here :)

@peinopela Nice man, I'm looking through the ebook to to see what's in it.
It's made really well, simple and easy to follow. It includes resources sourced from our favorite people like Steven Low, Emmet Louis, loads of Toms great videos, and even some of mine!

There's 3 routines in it for beginners...
  • Handstand Routine
  • Mobility Routine
  • Full Body Routine
The HS routine consists of..
  • A warm up that focuses on shoulders and wrists
  • The strength work includes HS, L-sits and Bodyline Drills. Then it moves onto...
  • Mobility routine which is the wrist work (again) and Emmets suggestions for fixing the arched back in HS.
The Mobility routine consists of...
The Full Body routine consists of a template that resembles...
  • A warm up
  • Strength training that is not unlike that of the RR with a horizontal push & pull paired together and a vertical push and pull paired together.
  • In addition there's a pair of lower body anterior/posterior (i.e., lunge/hip thrust) and pair of working the core anterior/posterior (ie., hollow hold/arch hold).
It then presents a program structure that tells you to do the HS and Full Body Routine 3x a week on the same day (like Mon, Wed, Fri) and the Mobility routine sandwiched in between those 3 days (like Tu, Thu). It also recommends periodization and deload weeks where you vary the intensity as the weeks go by. (Btw, deload weeks are important for most people who train consistently, including those that follow the RR. I wrote about that here.)

At this point, I'm realizing there's a lot more to this book, such as a Skill oriented routine for moves like planche/front lever that provides a template for just the upper body and lower body (with examples for each).

Then there's a Mass oriented section for more advanced trainees which is a push/pull/legs split. Again, he offers a template and then offers examples for how the template may be filled.

Well done, Tom!

@fromgenesistorevelation As someone just wanting to start out, is there a short and consize yoga routine that takes like 20 minutes? To combine with a 30 minute program, I'm willing to prioritise working out, but sleep is a priority as well.

@fromgenesistorevelation 35 mins is also cool. I find that settings a low target, assist in finding something that is doable, had I said 45 minutes, many suggest something that takes an hour or more.

Thank you for all your hard work. It's appreciated.

@hami6217 You might want to check out Flow By Adee on YouTube. She has several short videos, and is currently on day two of a beginners yoga series. Also has great flows for different focuses, beginning arm balances, hip mobility, recovery after lifts etc.

@mickeeh Thanks. I'm really interested in just a basic sequence, that focuses in just flexibility/mobility. Just to keep the body in shape, combined with my 45 min workout I'm current during every other day. The bodyweight recommended routine, is just too long for me, and requires equipment.

@hami6217 I recommend YogAmazing - yoga for strength and toning! Quick 20 minutes that stretches and builds some strength, if I can't convince myself to do a full workout I always opt for this one.

@peinopela Hi Tom,

I've been watching your videos for some time and find them extremely helpful.

I'm going to attempt to combine your skill and mass program together like you suggested in your facebook group.

Thanks so much

@peinopela I looked through it and it looks very promising. For a free program this is probably some of the best you can get!

We can always argue about specific choices of exercises and all these details but those are the last percentages and highly individual. In your handstand program you have mobility in shoulders and wrists, strength training, body line work; your full body mobility routine and your strength routine cover the basics. Very nice.

I do not know if you have thought about this but from a minimalist approach your program will see a lot of success. You are not killing people with overly complicated programming, yet you cover the basics that people will need to look into. Everyone has to start somewhere, and yours is a nice place to do that. By allowing people to have scheduling options and rep/set/rest time options you are inspiring people to look for further information; from their own practice and from that of others (books, seminars etc.). Then they can step up their game when the basics feel comfortable.

To anyone reading this; remember this quote from Tom's handstand program: "If you are struggling to get into this [half handstand holds] position you know you need to work on some shoulder mobility - like myself."

That is honesty at its finest and what a lot of people are lacking when they are promoting or demonstrating something that they are personally invested in. People, take this as a hint to the fact that this person behind the programs are not scamming you. An education or years of experience cannot make up for the lack of this quality of character that is so predominant in the fitness industry.

@valueofliving Thanks man this genuinely is a rad comment. I really appreciate the detailed feedback. That is exactly what this eBook is suppose to be, a basic starting point that can be customised and expanded to meet peoples needs.

Aha yeah and it still kind of sucks but I think it's almost more helpful because I am still struggling through this the same as everyone else. I understand the struggle and hopefully that empathy helps me help people better. I really do appreciate the kind words Alexander, much love :)