Looking for advice F 5’2” 215lbs

@shadowinthelight Personally, I like the Optimum Nutrition brand. I get the chocolate from Costco. It costs $64 but it’s for a 5lb bag. Lasts me 2-3 months, I do 2 scoops per shake and usually one shake a day. Sometimes two.

Rotation is a normal movement to have trouble with after back surgeries when bolts are involved. Was it lower thoracic?

@shadowinthelight I gained a lot of weight with high dose prednisone and Cushing's syndrome. I also have EDS, so the extra weight was crushing the ligaments in my ankles and affecting my knees and hips. I was in terrible pain walking. I bought a Maxi Glider 360, zero impact on my joints. Along with eating less I used it daily and built my time up on it until I could tolerate walking more, which the weight loss helped with too. I've lost 40lbs, 20 more to go. Would honestly recommend it to anyone with pain in their joints. It's gentle but gets the heart rate up easily. I still use it, even with my VR headset, which makes it extra fun!

@shadowinthelight OP-hugs.

Please know that you have the power within you to control your HEALTH.

Focusing on weight is good in the short term, but as someone who has battled eating and exercise disorders for the last 31y, I’ll plead for your focus overall to be NOT on the scale.

Can you speak with your MD?

How are your labs?

Please rule out anything that can be amended medically (ex thyroid, female hormones, depression, etc) and therapy wise WHILE you start just inventorying your habits.

Once you have an idea of the low hanging fruit to change, one small change. Let it sink in and build momentum.

It may not be a linear journey, but you will do it.

Best of luck.

Back