Macro questions for deficit

kingdomleast

So I'm struggling and just want to make sure I have my facts right. If you are willing to help me out, that would be really nice.

I'm a fairly fit 140lb 5'4 female-27yrs old. Definitely have a little muscle definition, but I have a noticeable bf%. I'm currently wanting to cut my bf% down a little and then rebuild my intake to help with future muscle growth.

I have decided to do a 6 week cut just to see where this gets me and kind of reevaluate then.

I have a stagnant job but live a fairly active lifestyle outside of work. Watch says I burn about 2k-2,300. Est BMR is 1533.

My cal intake is now 1598 with 128 p, 159 c, and 50 f.

Am I in an appropriate deficit to drop my bf% a little? Or am I doing maintenance?

Thank you in advance!

@kingdomleast
Am I in an appropriate deficit to drop my bf% a little? Or am I doing maintenance?

That's gonna be entirely dependent on you.

Your watch estimate isn't gonna be entirely accurate, but it can be a good starting point. I wouldn't be trying to be so precise with like "1598", just say 1600. Also, I'd generally recommend a range of calories, but both are in a deficit. So if your TDEE was 2k, eating around 1400-1600 gives you some wiggle room. As for macros, I wouldn't go any lower with fat. But wit protein, you'd still be fine with 100g a day, but your current goal is fine. Just don't think you have to be glued to these amounts. Eat in a way that is enjoyable, but healthy and sustainable.

But ultimately, you just need to track your calories for a week or two and track your weight and see what happens. Keep your activity level at what you consistently do. If you aren't losing (or aren't losing as fast), adjust your daily calories accordingly. I would personally weigh in daily during this time, just so you can see all the data points. If you want to decrease weighins later, that's on you. Lastly, be aware of where you are on your cycle. I personally gain around 1-2lbs going into my period, maintain that weight during, and then it drops off after. So when i'm cutting, if my weight stays stagnant for a week, but I'm going into my period, I call that a success, cus then the week after, I typically have a nice big drop!