Muscle knots and tightness

@rextor432 I appreciate the detailed reply. This sub is awesome!

I know my posture is bad, I fixed by wrist issues by using negative tent keyboard that helps alot. I have a standing desk at home with monitor on arm to set the high correctly. I try to stand few mins a day but not consistantly. I have very good HM Mirra chair but arm rest do not go down enough for me, so I have to conciously tell myself to not use them, I need to look for another chair.

For two months I went to chiro for adjustment and posture correct, unround my shoulder and forward head position. I had weekly physio tape put to help correct sholders, plus execercises for shoulders and stretches for neck. I also had tight IT band on left leg, which I feel has been corrected since I haven't had issue in 4 months plus that 15min mobility by Tom really works on it.

For sleep, I fall asleep on side but end up on stomach. I can't sleep on back, I've tried many times. I didn't know about wobble cushion, seems cheap enough to try to see if it helps. I just got the Amazon Halo as well and past 3 day nights my score has been low 60s which means even with 7 hours in bed my sleep quality isn't best.

Thanks for the rouded shoulder video, will try it. Looks like AthleneX has a version as well:

Ah I didn't know Tom Merrick had shoulder only verion, will def try it out:

I agree message isn't the fix, thus my reason to ask.

@thornbreaker Using a wobble cushion has been a game changer for me. But I have a long torso so mileage may vary. I bought the Tumaz wobble cushion, I think the shape and size is great for sitting on, not so much for working out with (if you get this one no need to fully inflate, it needs some flexibility to sit on comfortably). I couldnt sleep on my back bc my lower back would hurt and Id have restless legs, this could help with that if youre experiencing the same problems. I also had trouble sleeping on my back and used to be a side sleeper and wake up sleeping on my stomach. Im having trouble finding a good pillow though but am looking into getting an ultra thin pillow for back sleepers. Regardless, wobble cushions are extremely good for your lower spine, and could help posture throughout your entire back.

Simple seated wobble cushion exercise for spinal hygiene-

For keyboard, microsoft sculpt was always the best for me, i used to program so had to do a lot of typing. For mouse an Anker ergo mouse did the trick.

Heres a good neck mobility exercise from Mark Wildman -

I think you can fix this issue on your own if you fix your posture and sleeping habits and add in some mobility/stretching exercises along with myofascial release with a lacrosse ball. Pro tip, getting under the arm pits to get at the lats is a spot people often miss. Extremely painful but worth it to fix a lot of problems in the shoulders. Just lift your arm up and lean against a wall and go to town. Another good way to get to that area is with a stick described here

Glad you found my post helpful, I hope you find a solution soon!

@thornbreaker I've always noticed an adaptation period when going to a heavier bell or significant volume increase. Usually in the ribs or upper back area. If you stay with your current weight, you'll adapt. But 10 minutes of stretching before bed and sometimes the morning, focusing on spine, hamstrings, hips, upper back, and twists has done wonders.

@thornbreaker I have a lot of the same issues and have found a major source of the knots to be a surprise and a common problem: Binocular Vision Disorder.

Not all eye doctors check for it, so you could be experiencing it and not know. I can’t go into details right now, but I can post more about it later if you like.

Summary​

1. Turns out I was actually pressing double 18kg instead 16kg. I went back to reset my adjustable kettlebell for S&S session at 30kg and realized I had mistakly put 18kg instead of 16kg. This explains why I was so sore/locked, I jumped up on weights too quickly.
  2. I went down to double 14kg to ease into DFW (reverse ladder of 4), and my left should gives up much quicker than right. This tells me I'm not even ready for 16kg doubles. I'll stick to 14kg or even go down to 12kg and make sure its solid. Since then I didn't have major muscle knots.
  3. I will post videos for feedback soon, to make sure my form is good.
  4. My mobility/stretch route was too basic. After doing Tom Merreck's 15 shoulder routine, I found my chest and biceps were super tight. This cause tightness in my scalenes and other neck mucles. After loosening my biceps my neck felt much better. I think yoga will def help as well, I'll start with mobility then do yoga.
  5. I got 5lb club, so I'll learn some warm up with it for shoulders.
  6. Continue to work on posture, thanks to different youtube videos. I need to set them on a schedule and do them regularly. I order wobble cushion for posture and soft balls for messaging. I can prob look up sport take as well that I got from chiro place.
Thank you everyone for all the help.