Musings my s/o overheard from a trainer

@believerz Chest exercises will help with this for sure. I lost 60 pounds and therefore a lot of boob. It got to the point where I actually went for a lift consultation with a plastic surgeon. I decided to hold off and continued strength training. Things tightened up a bit, and while they're not perfect, they've come a long way from where they were.

@stanleyinoh I feel you, I lost 40 lbs. and most of my boobs. Went from 34 DD to 34 A. I'm hoping that strength training will help with this, and I've more than once thought about a boob lift.

@petlove Give it some time with the training. When I went for my consultation, the surgeon took a measurement from the base of my neck to the center of my nipple and mine has since lifted about 2 inches. Although my breast size hasn't gone down as much as yours, I bet you can get at least a little lift, and maybe put it off for another year or two? But, the final decision whether or not to do so is obviously up to you, I wish you luck from your fellow formerly large breasted lifting friend.

@nurotolover3833 3-4 sets of 10 reps for each exercise- Incline dumbbell press, decline dumbbell flies, cable machine chest press, push ups and cable lower chest raise. The cable lower chest raise seems to especially help with the lifting since it hits the pec from the bottom.

@stanleyinoh Yeah I've lost 80 lbs so far and I've got another 30-40 to go. I'm thinking that at a certain point I might have to get my boobs lifted, maybe even reduced a bit. I wish I could afford skin removal surgery everywhere but that's just not going to happen, so I'm doing what I can to gain muscle and tighten up, and I'll just have to be happy with most of it. The problem with my boobs is they bounce and it's painful, so I'd like them to be a bit smaller and tighter.

@believerz Congratulations on your weight loss, that's impressive. I remember how painful any sort of bouncing was when my skin was at it's...loosest. Keep up with the chest routine and you can slightly tighten things up as you continue losing weight.

@believerz They sure do. You won't get any more of a "handful" but they totally look better and prevents some of the sad sag. Eventually though... it comes for us all.

@dawn16 I'm 33, and it's happening. :( They're big, though, so they were bound to do it sooner than later. The undersides of my boobs touch the skin over my ribs now. No idea when it happened. Just recently I noticed when putting on a shirt that has a built in bra that I hadn't worn in years (it got lost in the laundry room. My husband recently cleaned the room out and I was reunited with a few bits of clothing I forgot I had). The cleavage didn't have the same effect as it did before.

EDIT: Oh, and no kids, so the whole breast feeding thing has not occurred.

@dawn16 Oh I'm prepared for that. My belly already looks like someone left a honeydew melon in the fridge for too long, so I'm used to the idea that I'm never going to look like the type of person who competes in physique contests, but I'd like to do whatever I can to counteract the boob sag and the loose skin. I know I can't totally undo it, but I'm not just going to let it happen without doing something about it.

Back