Need fitness routine for feminine tone

dausman23

Hi all. 37(f). I’m 6’1” and recently went from 175 to 140 lbs just by quitting drinking and eating healthy in 4 months which is pretty crazy. I didn’t implement any real exercise other than the normal dog walks. Anyways, so now, at 6’1” and 140 lbs, i look really thin. I don’t have any curves, especially an ass and need to do something about it. Any suggestions on toning up and putting muscle and tone in the right places to look more feminine?

Here are some images of you wanna see what I’m working with:

@dausman23 Check out r/strongcurves.

Worth knowing that there is no such thing as toning. You put on muscle or you drop fat, thats all there is to it. You can control where you put on muscle, but where you lose/gain fat is up to your genetics.

@uzezi the toning thing seems to persist particularly in women's fitness forums, it seems.

I can understand psychologically what people mean by it. They want to have slim muscles that are not too lean, not too bulky. They want to have that hot yoga teacher look, that kind of thing. But yeah, underneath it's all the same process.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can accidentally get too bulky. If anyone figures out the secret exercises I can do that will make me get too big by accident can they please let me know?

@gtorre I’d like that secret too! Even trying to gain muscle with lots of strength training and tons of protein consumption, the gains are not quick and certainly not easy.

@gtorre Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches seem to be doing it for me lol my arms and ass look great but unfortunately the stomach is also bulking…

@gtorre Correct. What the OP wants to do is put on muscle without having a high amount of definition, hence the curve/tone look. She needs to lift weights and eat enough. Probably follow a program by Bret Contreras who specializes in women

@dausman23 Same as any bodybuilding program with an emphasis on a specific area really.

Take your standard program that revolves around squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press and then focus the accessories around the areas you want more muscle.

Greyskull LP for a few months then 5/3/1 is a good start program.

@dausman23 Congrats on your impressive progress so far! To add curves and tone, focus on strength training exercises like squats, lunges, and deadlifts. Incorporate glute-specific workouts for a perkier butt. Don't forget core exercises and upper body workouts for a balanced look. Consistency is key, so aim for 3-4 days a week and gradually increase weights. Combine this with a protein-rich diet to support muscle growth. Patience is key, results will come over time. Keep up the great work!

@dausman23 Gonna need to up those calories and get in the gym to lift some heavy weights if you want to do this naturally. r/StrongCurves is great - and Bret Contreras has alot of glute focused strength training workouts available online.

Pro tip - try not to compare yourself with the curvy influencers or celebrities you see all over tv and social media - 99% of their curves are surgery or photoshopped.

Sorry for misusing the word “tone” or just having a pure lack of understanding. Let me rephrase everything..and now that I’ve included some images, I simply want to know what you would do with this body to make it better. I’ve basically done nothing so far so you’ve got a blank slate to work with. And thanks for all the suggestions so far. Gotta start somewhere.

@dausman23 You can't get big guns without doing something crazy as a female so don't worry about that.

Do your core exercises to avoid injuries and hit the places you want to see progress in. Isolated groups.

@dausman23 Get a trainer and build a comprehensive plan for the next 3 months. As you get really comfortable learning to lift heavier, a world of options will open