Need fitness routine for feminine tone

@dausman23 Squats. If you were to do only one lift, the squats is it. It’ll give your legs and butt some curves.

There are programs you can find that will help add muscle all over as desired, but 100% certain that squats will be a part of any program.

You truly can’t go wrong with squats.

@prettysailorvictoria So I have had both my knees reconstructed from sports related injuries and squats can be a killer on my knees. I don’t think there is any way around squats and I just gotta bare through the pain on this one. Any thoughts on best way to do this on worn down knees?

@dausman23 You don’t have to do barbell squats. You should not do something that causes pain. Soreness in muscles is fine. And if it’s a flexibility issue, it’s worth addressing.

But there are lots of squat variations that will accomplish a lot of the same work as a barbell squat. Hack squat machine, leg press, pendulum squat, v squat, belt squat, split squats. If you find a program you like but it includes barbell squats, you can sub any of these movements in and you will do fine.

I would try some of these options at the gym with light weight to see what doesn’t cause knee pain, and just to see what you like doing. Pushing through pain (again, different from muscle soreness) is a bad idea. It will lead to injury or, best case, you’ll get tired of feeling pain and stop going to the gym.

@dausman23 Everything is better than nothing
Squats, lunges and deadlifts will help develop your butt
Calf raises
Shoulder shrugs, tricep extensions, curls, overhead press to develop arms (most women I know hate the idea of upper arm flap)

You won't get bulky unless you try to.

@dausman23 OP, with your natural build and length, you can do just about any muscle building routine and attain your desired look. No need to get too complex with it. Just pick a linear progression routine, eat a bit over your maintenence calorie level (with plenty of protein) and do some extra sets on the muscles you want to improve most.

And remember...muscles don't sneak up on you. Don't worry about getting bulkier than you want, etc. There's plenty of opportunity to adjust things along the way.

@dausman23 Tone isn't a thing. There's mire or less muscle and more or less fat. Tone is a beauty magazine term from the 90s back when they told women they needed high reps.

Do Stronglifts 5x5. It'll take care of you for at least 6 months. Try to eat 100g of protein a day.