Nike metcon 1 issue, sole peeled off

asmit421

Is this problem wiht all metcons 1 or just some bad badges, pieces? I happen to me and i buyed my metcons in another country.. Nike told me that i need to bring it back to retailer,so i did it. They wanna fix it (glued sole back on fitness shoe... great idea) I waited for that great repair (traveled again), after 2 days it starts tearing off again .. WOW. Is this normal process in US too or they f*ck us like this only in Europe?

@asmit421 This happened to myself and my younger brother. Luckily, I live close enough to a Nike store that I could go in without any issues. I brought it the shoes in and they reluctantly exchanged them. When I say reluctantly, I mean they did not want to exchange them at all and it was about 30 minutes of talking to 3 different people. They wanted receipts, which I didn't have, to do anything.

I would recommend that you contact Nike and let them know you tried to go to a store and didn't get anywhere. They aren't that old and they need to exchange them for you.

Good luck!

@goro Wow. Total opposite to me. Walked into the nike store in LA showed them the issue. They apologized profusely that they didn't have the same colour and let me walk out with a new pair, no receipt needed.

@notthereyet My younger brother had the same thing happen when he went in with his. No questions asked and he got a new pair. I thought it would be easy to swap them out, but that wasn't the case at all.

@asmit421 No one on here can tell you what will or won't happen because it's somewhat store employee dependent (as the comments show).

You have to return in store purchases to a store to have them looked at, but if you bought online, you can send them back or go to a store.

I've only returned online, and in both cases (popped air bubble on LeBron's, within a year or purchase), I received a credit and purchased new shoes.

Good luck with your return.

@asmit421 Nike corporate return/exchange policy for damaged merchandise is superb. I have returned several pairs of indoor soccer (football in europe) and they sent me the newest model back without any comments. They don't take into account colourways though, so that is something to keep in mind. Not sure how the process works overseas but www.nike.com should have an answer for you.

They told me that i need to travel again and get them to the store.
great repair work...

I buy that shoes in austria - i am from slovakia... travel expences cost me like 2 times price of the shoes :)
Its there factory store, its there product like WTF? Its europe nike really that bad? I bet in US they help you thru whole country without questions...
I bought speed TRs when i was waiting for repair of metcons (another money.....) because i needed new training shoe, they are great.. i had nanos 2,3,4 and i decided to try Nike instead of nano 5. Lesson learned... Maybe i try nike.com in US for help.

@asmit421 Nike's are POS shoes, they are put together in shitty factory, guaranteed to fall apart (usually sole delamination). I worked there for several years and would wear them to run, I would have to buy a new pair every 3-4 months because they just fell apart. Total crap. Unless you are a Nike employee with access to the employee store they are not worth a dime. Go get a real lifting shoe, not a Nike trend of the month shoe.

Back