Nike Metcon Flyknit 3 or Metcon 4?

janetmal

So there is a sale for the Flyknit 3 in a local store for 99$. While regular Metcon 4 is priced at 128.5$ where I live. Is the flyknit actually superior or just "better looking"? I'd get the metcon 4 for the regular price, but now that the flyknit is on sale it make me think about it.

I need it for everything, normal wods, some lifting and burpees/HSPU. I have been Crossfit'ing for 1year.

Wondering wich one is better? I currently own a pair of metcon 2 and looking for new shoes.

@janetmal My understanding is the flyknits are more of a hybrid shoe that you could do more running in. I owned the flyknit 2s and really liked how they looked but felt myself going to the metcons more. Until I got the nano 8 weaves and they are now my go to

@pinklady12 I was aiming for the Metcon 4, I really like my metcon 2, but wondered if the Flyknit 3 was actually a steal to get for less than the regular metcon 4

@janetmal I have the flyknit 2s and I feel like I’m wearing bricks when running but like them otherwise. No idea is 3’d are lighter or not.

Personally I like the Free x Metcons the most of all CrossFit shoes

@janetmal I just got the new flyknits and like them. I had a pair of metcon 3s and squaring/Olympic lifts feel pretty much the same. The difference for me is the flyknits are a little more narrow than the Metcons which I like since I have skinny feet.

I’d say try both on and see which are more comfortable, as you’re probably going to be working out in them for a while!

@cinderedsoul Oh yea my main problem is that I gotta buy them online so Idk, my feet is pretty skinny aswell, do you like squating,etc on those? Im still an amateur but looking to improve my weight

@cinderedsoul For narrow feet metcons (especially 3&4, I found the 2’s a bit wider). I am a big fan of my metcons, enough support to run if the WOD requires it (I did a 5k running WOD and was really pleased with how well they held up) but still great for lifting.

@janetmal Do the metcons still get that 'squingey' feeling when you walk in them after like 1 month of ownership still? It's the only thing that prevents me from buying them.

@janetmal all around I prefer the flyknit 3. I liked the first flyknit a lot, the 2nd one kept slipping off. I always found the normal metcons too hard. 99$ isn't really a great deal, you can find better deals when Nike has a sale or soon at an factory outlet.

Back