No matter what I do, my arms hurt more than anything else

missmae

https://thefitness.wiki/routines/r-fitness-basic-beginner-routine/

I just started that routine after being unsatisfied with my last one, I did workout A on Monday and workout B today. One issue I'm having, that was as a lot more noticeable today, is that anytime I do an upper body exercise, my arms always hurt more than the actual thing I'm supposed to be working out.

I can't do chin-ups, so I substituted those with the seated lat pulldown, but when I was done, my back was a barely sore, but my arms felt pretty heavy. Same thing with the overhead press, even on the deadlifts, I stopped my AMRAP at 12, not because of my legs, but because my arms were so sore, my legs felt like they could have kept going. I was even making a conscious effort to use my arms as little as possible on the deadlifts, they were doing nothing other than just dangling in front of me holding the barbell.

Is there an issue with my technique or is this how it's supposed to go?

@missmae First, don’t use post-workout soreness as way to gauge to quality of your workout. Some exercises will make you sore; others won’t. Perform each lift according to your program, and make sure that you continue to lift more weight over time. Second, it is possible that your arms are relatively weaker than your trunk and leg muscles. Keep lifting. Your arms will catch up. As for deadlifts specifically, you can use straps if you feel like your grip strength is holding you back. But also incorporate other leg exercises like barbell squats that don’t rely on grip strength.

@missmae Probably just weaker muscles or form slightly off. I remember my shoulders hurting like crazy, doing bench press, for months when I started going to the gym for the first time