not being tired in muscles anymore a couple hours after workout

wh2

todaY i worked out really hard and after the workout i was u shaking cuz it was so intense but then a couple hours later i dont even feel a little tired in the muscle is this normal does this mean i didnt work out enough???

@wh2 How long have you been working out? If you're not feeling any soreness at all it might be time to add some more weight/resistance to your activites.

@wh2 Thats a good sign. Fatigue comes with work. If youre not fatigued now, where you would have been before, that means youve built more sustainability for work in your body. Either with muscle or weight loss.

@wh2 Have you tried an abbreviated lift later in the day to see how it feels? Sometimes you'll think you have a lot left in the tank, but after one lift you realize how fatigued your muscles actually are

@wh2
does this mean i didnt work out enough???

No.

There is a difference between muscle fatigue (how your muscles feel after getting thoroughly used) and DOMS, delayed onset muscle soreness (not fully understood but generally associated with the muscle recovery process). DOMS will generally fade after you make exercise a consistent behavior, but if you take a long enough break then it will come back. It's normal and nothing to worry about.

Your muscles were feeling exhausted because of lactate production. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactic_acid#Exercise_and_lactate

The importance of following a program is to rely on the stability of statistical routine and not something mercurial and nebulous like "how you feel" which can change for a myriad of reasons.

As long as you're not pushing yourself to injury, you're fine.

Back