Not finding the classes provide enough volume

@zekori At 26 you can certainly handle the extra loads not so much at 46. Seeping on the style of programming y’all use I would add more weight than is written and always ask the coach if you do add weight is it still hitting the desired stimulus. Does no good to have a 6 minute Diane time, but you jump it up to 315 and it takes you 20 minutes just to say you went “heavy” but completely missed the intended intensity. But if you can upscale and stay within the intended time/intensity zone, do it

@zekori Maybe check out other gyms in your area & look at their workouts online, some programming is definitely higher volume than others.

If that's not an option possibly talk to your coaches & see if they can give you supplementary work that coincides with their programming, I wouldn't recommend trying to do that yourself unless you have some solid strength and conditioning knowledge

@zekori If you want to supplement some more strength work but lack the space at home or in a cramped gym, look at some of the kettlebell programs out there . I’ve recently gotten into doing more with them and it’s amazing what you can do with just a few of them in a tiny area.

@zekori You are correct. Time under load in class is usually only enough for people interested in casual fitness, or those that really have their diet super dialed in even beyond simply counting macros. I think it’s a little more appropriate to think of CrossFit as a sport— fun, burns some calories, but probably won’t support your fitness goals.

@zekori Get a cheap membership to a local regular gym and do 1-3 days per week there focusing on strength/hypertrophy

I do crossfit 3-4 times a week and then regular gym 2-3 times for an average of 6 days a week.

I bench 2 plates, squat 3, deadlift 4+ all for reps and perform top 5 regularly at crossfit.

It helps if you can see the programming at crossfit ahead of time so you don't destroy a certain muscle group and then have to do strength/metcon with the same muscle group within 48/hours.

The ultimate solution in my opinion is having a full home gym. You can workout whenever you want and take however long you want on strength/technique then do a metcon to finish off. Have a full set of cardio machines to do steady-state or active recovery.... a man can dream....