Official Discussion: Quick and Thick / Double Grace

@aquinsky 60 C&J for time for the average active person is dumb. These guys are world-class athletes, they are supposed to be doing impressive things. Who cares if people make fun of it for being dangerous? People do dangerous shit in high level sports all the time.

@dannqanes It's amusing how Castro is expecting people to freak out when he tells them they're doing double grace, and they general reaction just seems to be, "Oh, ok."

Honestly the rope climb/OHS/double grace is a pretty big let-down for a final event.

@dannqanes I get the waiting to show the finals on ESPN2 thing but they really should've tried to finish the first 2 heats later so there wasn't such a big period of time before the finals started. I'm bored at my house, I can't imagine how the crowd in that hot California sun feels let alone the athletes waiting to go compete.

@dannqanes One thing you can really notice throughout these Games is how much Annie's back injury has impacted her. She used to be a freaking thoroughbred, nearly the female equivalent of Rich. She's going to take second place so it's not like she's a total shell of her former self, but you can definitely appreciate what the injury took out of her.