One Arm Chin Up Tutorial by Guinness World Record Holder - Strict Full R.O.M Technique - Extreme & Easy!

michaelphemo

• Every body-weight practitioner wants to learn how to do a One Arm Chin Up - or a few.
  • Now you can, with this easy STRICT 3min OAC tutorial. The 'trick' to strict, full-range-of-motion OAC success is not to get injured; my techniques will get your muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons and mind so strong that you will surely succeed!
  • I have been doing OAC for over 30 years, with never an injury; gradual, strategic, smart training is the key. You now have the key; use it for your ultimate extreme success!
  • PLEASE NOTE - Ensure you have YouTube 'annotations' activated - as much of the tutorial info is contained in the on-screen notes. (Thank you to /r/h1b1k1n0 )
  • I will do my best to answer any Q's etc ;)

@michaelphemo Decent tutorial, despite the comments. But its kind of edited wonky.

It goes too fast, too much reading, it would have been better if you had told us all this stuff, even if the tutorial goes on for 20 minutes. But let me see if I can get a hang on the recommended progression.
  • Start with high explosive Chin-ups. (Not Pull ups, fingers in.)
  • First to your chest, then to your waist, then L-Sit to your waist. Aim for 15 reps.
  • Now start with weighted Chin-Ups. Add an additional 1-2 kg every month.
  • Next, begin with Wrist grab chin-ups. Grabbing high on your wrist at first, and move down as you get stronger. Do these alternating sides of the bar with your head. You should aim for 10 strong reps of these before moving on.
  • Next is 2 finger assisted Chin-ups. Then 1 finger.
  • Now we start with the towel stuff. Loop a towel and do high chin ups, this will train your grip strength.
  • Next is one hand on the towel, and one hand on the bar.
  • Do negatives of these slowly, and hang in L-sit at the bottom, until you spin.
  • Next is OAC Negatives. Here its important to pull the elbow toward your ribs, and past your lats.
  • Extra tip is ro practice the bottom 10% and the top 10% of the OAC to build strength. Aim for 5 reps on each arm.
  • Also Chin-up Archers and Typewriters.
  • All of this can be done 3 times a week.

@beastnate123
  • Hi Exodus - Thank you!
  • Nice summary! = 10/10!
  • Yes - my editing SUCKS BIG TIME! :( But I am trying my best...
  • And I wanted to make it about 3min/ short as many people are put off by a 20 min vid - and those that do can stop it anytime to 'catch -up'.....
But I really appreciate the your summary - and as I said - anyone can ask any Q's. I will do my best to help!

@michaelphemo Yeah I understand, not everyone will watch a 20 min video.

But I'm all in man, I can do about 10 Waist L-sit Chin Ups already, I'm totally gonna follow this system. Seeya in a year or so :p

@beastnate123 YAY ! Exodus! I am so stoked for you - man! You are gonna freakin' do it! Just ask anytime in regard to any aspect of your training! Your personal success is my iron-clad project!

@michaelphemo Includes the hidden video on how Marcus Bondi picks up girls.

Good tutorial. I had figured out the progressions including using two fingers and a towel (am at that stage) so it's good to get confirmation that I'm on the right track. Like those 10% exercises. Will start doing those, too.

@michaelphemo The one thing this video is missing are counterweighted OACs. I found them incredibly useful if for only one reason: You can't cheat. With any two arm variant where the off arm is grabbing a static object, you can push/pull extra (even if you don't mean to) with your off arm, turning the OAC into a TAC.

With counterweights there's a physical limit to how much the off arm can assist.

Also, the break through for anyone training for OAC is learning to explosively pull one armed. Without learning to explode, the OAC will remain inconsistent and gains minimal, especially starting from dead hang. The video touches on the idea with high chins but doesn't emphasize it much later. For me, the only way to learn explosive OAC without actually having an OAC was... counterweighted pulls, where the weight was right at the limit of my ability.

@rj786 Hi Doom -great post - true with counter-weight - I probs should put a note in the 'backpack' segment to also do counterweight.

And sure - explosive is in there - starting with going explosive on the towel, then one-arm towel-assit explosive - but maybe should be note obvious - thank yo - I will make it clearer! Good job man!

@michaelphemo No you're right... I re-watched and explosive is in there. For some reason it just didn't sink in. For a sort of high level over view video, I think there's enough detail about explosive. Never-mind my comment on that one.

@michaelphemo For those who say there's no tutorial included. Just from watching I remember :
  • Practice explosive chin ups, way over the bar.
  • Keep doing chin ups, but add weight
  • Use a wife
  • Work grip power with towel pullups, and assisted finger pullups.
  • Use negatives and smart variations.
It's a different approach than CC. It looks better TBH.

@leighconnor Hi Tres - ensure you drink water and are never thirsty. Diet is very person-specifc - pls experiment to find what gives you energy and cuts weight. I eat very little until midday - just an apple & coffee.... then some banana & protein shake , then brown rice, chicken, lots of veggies- broccoli, carrots, veg! ;)

Back