Pat Flynn’s Get Strong 10-5-3

nj123

Has any one used Pat’s Get Strong routine? And what results did you get?

Day 1

10 minute EMOM – double clean and press
5 minute EMOM – front squat
3 minute EMOM – bent over row

Day 2

10 minute EMOM – front squat
5 minute EMOM – bent over row
3 minute EMOM – double clean and press

Day 3

10 minute EMOM – bent over row
5 minute EMOM – double clean and press
3 minute EMOM – front squat

Weekly Rep Prescriptions

Week 1 – 4 reps EMOM
Week 2 – 5 reps EMOM
Week 3 – 6 reps EMOM
Week 4 – 4 reps EMOM
Week 5 – 6 reps but HALF all volume (cut all EMOM sets in half; round down when needed.)
Week 6 – 5 reps EMOM

Weight: 2 x 20 – 28kg men; 2 x 8 – 16kg

TIL

@nj123 Did not know about it, but looks like a nice, neat way of setting up an EDT-type program for a few weeks, with a L/M/H split, that covers all the basis

Bookmarked, will try at some point after this run of the Giant maybe

@nj123 No idea but I do like these programs that rotate the main lift but still work on all of them on every training day.

Added to Programs.

@timghost I would lower the time and make them the same across the board. Use same rep scheme. Doing these twice a week should give you ample recovery time.
I read in Neupert’s AMA that he starts his EMOM at 30 min for 1 exercise and lowers the time for each additional exercise. Ie: 15 min for 2. 10 min for 3.

Been thinking about that because I want to work on pull-ups and also do some carries also.

@nj123 The rep prescriptions don’t make sense to me. Looks like weeks 4, 5, and 6 are deload weeks… I’d expect an uptick in intensity at the end, not a drop off.

Week 6 is just odd. Is there more to this program?

If it’s terminal and you’re planning on switching after week six, maybe swap the 10x5 EMOM for a 10m AMRAP? … I like the end of a program to feel … successful.

I do like the format and exercise selection.

@dutchtears I’m with you. I’d do 1 Deload week after week 3 then either move on or increase weight. The way he has it you’re just spinning your wheels for 2 weeks.

@nj123 I never did it, but I want to now. The daily rotation is interesting. The weekly volume is waving a bit strange. I like to work heavier than what my cardio can emom 10 straight sets of 6, so I'd personally would want to loosen my time reqs given it's only 18 minutes long.