Please help - Non dairy, non meat sources of protein to make up 100g per day-1750kcal

katherineeee

I'm F, 28. Looking to lose about 6-7 kgs fat. I don't eat meat and dairy. (due to PCOS and acne issues) I do 1 hour of weight training/boxing 5-6 days a week. Currently I have one scoop of plant protein powder (23g), 100g tofu (16g), Greek yogurt (10), a couple of eggs (10g), boiled chickpeas (8g).

This is about 67g. What else can I add to increase my protein to a 100g, while staying in my calorie limit. Thanks for any input.

@katherineeee Plant protein scoop is the best option for you. Peas + Brown rice plant protein would be better.

Second best option is egg whites (whole eggs are also fine but it will depend on your calorie budget and lipid profile)

@te15 Yes i do take a scoop of pea+ brown rice protein. That's like 23g. Eggs I have 2-3 eggs. Idk if its okay to eat more though. Calories is 1750.

@katherineeee It’s is completely okay to have as many eggs you need to meet your protein requirements.

Add once more scoop of plant protein and 2-4 eggs whites. You’ll reach the 100grams target.

@te15 Okay thank you. Do you have any suggestions for a good pea+ brown rice protein powder. I am currently using cosmix, it's quite expensive to use 2 scoops a day (about 72g) and the 1kg pack will get over in less than 2 weeks.

@katherineeee If you want an affordable brand, literally any other brand which is cheaper than these two would be okay.

Yes the quality and sourcing of raw materials is somewhat debatable but not at all a bad option. Mainly the flavours and tastes are the deal breakers in plant protein powders.

Btw out of topic question, I do remember you posted about push-ups a sometime back. Did you practice the tips shared with you? How is it going now?

@te15 Yeah true. Even cosmix the most premium brand has a very off putting taste. Yeah ill try to make up with eating more eggs, tofu and soya chunks. Let's see. Thanks anyway.

Pushups - tbf I did do inclined, knee down and can do a upto 8-10 pushups. But the second I do a normal Pushup, I can only manage 1-2 and then have to lie on the floor completely. I can't push myself up just with my shoulders /upper body :// it just seems impossible to push my body weight up again. And I weigh 65-66 kgs ( I can deadlift this weight).

@katherineeee Avoid soy chunks please, specially in your condition it’s not recommended. I would have even asked you to avoid tofu but I understand you’ve budget concerns.

Push-ups - how about, pressing movements like dumbbell/barbell chest press? Also, have you tried negative pushups?

@katherineeee
  1. At least 4 egg whites (12g protein) - more if you don’t get sick of it. Cheapest source of protein.
  2. Increase Greek yogurt (Assuming that you’re having Epigamia plain - 200g will give you 14g)
  3. 1.5 scoops protein powder

Back