Post Giant 3.0

bccoachwaelti

I’m about to wrap up a round of the Giant 3.0. Do I need to have a light/off week before moving on to another program/cycle or can I just move right on to the next thing?

@bccoachwaelti Deloading is a heated subject.

I am a fan, myself. Others argue in-tune autoregulation should be adhered to throughout the program (i.e. don't go 100% when your body doesn't feel 100%) and that should prevent the need to deload.

@bccoachwaelti A week off never hurts. I usually just do nothing for a few days instead of trying to mess with "light" weights because I end up doing too much volume to compensate for the lighter loads.

@bccoachwaelti I just amend the time from 30 mins to either 25 or 20 depending upon how my body is feeling...that way I am really fresh for the next block.

There are some useful threads on the strongfirst for where a lot of people more experienced than me set their whole 4 week program up to work at different time intervals i.e. starting 20, 25, 30, 25

@bccoachwaelti I think it's up to you, based on the giant threads I've seen on the strongfirst forum a lot can depend on what your RPE was on week 4, were you going balls out with maximum effort? some people were going at their max with week 3 and making the 4th a deload week(either shorten the time or back off the RPE).

Again, I think this is all on you, how you feel, what you plan to do next, etc..

Back