Pre-workout

breezer

Okay, so I guess I’ve built up a tolerance to pre-workout to an extent and I’m trying to find something that feels borderline illegal and is gonna make me want to peel myself like a banana.

Recently I’ve tried Insane Labz Psychotic, it has good focus and energy but doesn’t give me that itchy feeling.

Total War was total shit for me.

Transparent Labs Bulk Black is okay, no itchy feeling but I prefer Psychotic over this one.

The new Mr.Hyde just does not hit.

I used to love the original Mr.Hyde NitroX, the one that had the reflective top. From my understanding they don’t make that one anymore.

Basically, I’ve been looking at trying Symbiote Extreme or the new Jack3d with Geranium Extract.
If any stim addicts have tried Symbiote or the new Jack3d, what was your experience or current go to pre-workout?

Also does anyone know what ingredient in the old Mr.Hyde made it hit so hard? I don’t remember the Beta Alanine being high, but that stuff made me feel like I had fire ants under my skin!

@breezer I tried Mr. Hyde once in college (10 years ago) so likely a similar formulation. That stuff had my heart pounding and sweat pouring off my face. Most of that stuff is pretty unhealthy though, so I'd suggest either taking a caffeine break to reset tolerance, or just do like cocaine or something x_x

Oh just read the last bit of the post, the tingles is almost certainly just beta alanine. You don't need a super high dose for tingles. IIRC Mr. Hyde was like 400mg of caffeine though, probably better for everyone that it's no longer available.

@junior59 I’m coming off of a break from pre now. I went about a year without taking pre or even drinking energy drinks. Now that I’m starting back it just doesn’t hit the same unfortunately.

@breezer switch to non-stim pre-workout ;)

Any crazy high adrenaline workouts are probably not enough to offset worse sleep from too much stimulant. I only take stim preworkouts on weekends now. If you want the skin itchy jitter take something with beta alanine, otherwise you basically really only need cittruline mallate (which you can buy as a powder), most other ingredients are fluff

@junior59 That’s basically all I’m after is the itchy feeling. I work nights so I typically go to the gym shortly after I wake up. That it gives me about 12-14 hours before I got back to sleep. BULK Black has 4,000mg of Beta Alanine and just didn’t do it for me. Do you recommend any non-stim pre that’s worth trying? I’m definitely open to giving it a shot.

@breezer this is the citrulline-mallate I currently take https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LX1BGEW, but note if you're used to stim-based preworkouts this will feel extremely mild. It helps me get a few extra reps in on my 2nd or 3rd set of a lift, but it's not like a caffeine jitter or anything like that.

Highly recommend checking out examine.com which will break down a bit more about what specific ingredients do and the dosage.

My weekend pre-workout is this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JW75HSV . Nothing magical, this is just a pretty popular brand and happened to be on sale. I'd probably buy it again since it's decent enough. Caffeine + beta alanine. Looks like it has 1.6g of beta-allanine (1600 mg) and I get the itchy tingles, so not sure why 4000mg isn't doing it. Wonder if there's an ingredient counteracting that. Either way the itchiness is just a side effect (not necessarily any immediate benefit) so wouldn't personally chase that unless you just really like the feeling.

@junior59 Hi, I’m Vetted AI Bot! I researched the ('Nutricost L Citrulline Malate', 'Nutricost') and I thought you might find the following analysis helpful.

Users liked:
* Effective workout supplement (backed by 9 comments)
* Good value for the price (backed by 2 comments)
* Variety of flavors available (backed by 3 comments)

Users disliked:
* Unpleasant taste (backed by 5 comments)
* Inconsistent effects compared to previous formula (backed by 2 comments)
* Price increase (backed by 1 comment)

If you'd like to summon me to ask about a product, just make a post with its link and tag me, like in this example.

This message was generated by a (very smart) bot. If you found it helpful, let us know with an upvote and a “good bot!” reply and please feel free to provide feedback on how it can be improved.