Protein/Carbs/Fat, Gainz & Vegan, Also doing Bridge and have some questions. :)

iambatman11

📷Hey guys, I'm more or less looking just to have my stuff here double checked by someone who's been through the wheel of "serious" lifting more/longer than I have. Would appreciate any feedback. :)

I'm 31, 5'10, 170lbs, 15% BF, worked hard to get to where I am today, was always a "hard gainer (under-eater)

https://www.instagram.com/jory.mp_fit/ just incase you want to check/let me know if I'm higher or lower BF % based on photos.

I believe a lot of my lifts could be improved exponentially and it's all mind over matter right now, that's why I choose to run the Bridge as a test. I tried 5/3/1 for awhile years back and I enjoyed it, I've read that this has great reviews.

Recently I've gone Vegan, just as a test, I enjoy using myself as the subject to figure out if something works or not, I track everything I eat in Chronometer and set my calories/macros ect. Something I've been trying to figure out for quite some time is how to get from 170->190, in the most effective manner. It's been a slow grind from 140->170 (9~ years) I wasn't focused on weight initially however and just wanted to crush the gym. Now I want to hit 190 and then cut and compete so I'm taking this a little more serious.

Using the Macro Calculator @ https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htmI'm trying to figure my maintenance calories, prior to the bridge I've worked out almost every day for years, but my work isn't labourous so I put all the info above and choose moderatly active, that gives me a target of 2252, now from my understanding to "gain" you want to aim +500 more than that.

So the breakdown I've come up with is as follows :

2246(Maintenence) + 500 (Gainz) = 2746

With This Setup :

170G Protein76G Fat327g Carbs

Protein :

170lbs x 1.0 = 170G Protein

Fat :

20-30%

20% = 2746*.20 = 549Cal / 9 = 61G Fat30% = 2746*.30 = 832Cal / 9 = 92G Fat

Carbs :

2746-760 (Fat g x9)-680 (P g X9) = 1306 / 4 = 327g Carbs

----------------------

So I just want to make sure that I'm using the calculator right and have my numbers right, how long would you go before increasing your calories if I'm not seeing any weight gain?

Another question I have is, my girlfriends info, just wondering if these numbers make sense for a female? She's 25, 5'6, 155, around 25% BF, these are the numbers I got for her:

1889(Maintenence) - 500 (Loss) = 1511

With This Setup :

155G Protein38G Fat137g Carbs

Protein :

155lbx x 1 = 155G Protein

Fat :

15-25%

15% = 1511*.15 = 227Cal / 9 = 25G Fat25% = 1511*.30 = 453Cal / 9 = 50G Fat

Carbs :

1511-342 (Fat g x9)- 620 (P g X4) = 549 / 4 = 137g Carbs

--------------------

Also as far as the Bridge goes, I've never done cardio and I know this is a 3Day/week program, would there be a negative to adding another day or two of extra cardio in? It is something I've been meaning to do for a long time. I know my cardiovascular is terrible.

Also any other tips/advice would be appreciated.

@iambatman11 Any reasonable macro ratio will give decent results but I think 5%-10% fat is slightly better. For calories you should do experiments after you've selected your diet composition. It's better to focus on foods rather than macros or micros.

@iambatman11 I had awesome results with the bridge! My advice is to follow the program as close as possible, don’t add anything. The program is made to build you up and the use of RPE and dif rep ranges is to manage stress. If you can’t recover properly, you won’t progress and gain muscle so def don’t add anymore. Have faith in the program, you can always do more cardio stuff later

Back