Q&D vs S&S for those who’ve done both

flavainyamouf

Hello r/kettlebell

Apologies if I missed a similar post, but I wanted to start a discussion about your experiences with both The Quick and the Dead and Simple and Sinister. I’d like to start a conversation for people who’ve done both. Which did you like more? Which did you think had more benefits?

For context, I reached simple a couple of years ago and then began to ad-lib a bit. I went on to the 10,000 swing challenge (which I loved), then switched my workouts to 10 TGU and 500 swings a couple of times a week combined with running and hockey. When Q&D came out, I jumped on it, but a hockey injury made me back off for a bit. I’ve now been doing it again now for the last 4-5 weeks.

The reason I wanted to make this post is because I’m kind of feeling the call back to S&S, but want to give Q&D it’s full course before deciding.

Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

@flavainyamouf I have done only S&S, but I've read both books.
I'd say it depends on your goals. S&S is GPP (General Physical Preparation) program, which can be used anyday and gives you exactly what it promises - GPP. Q&D seems more like a specific GPP, if that makes any sense. It promises improvements in explosiveness for people that have solid GPP foundation. Program should be done 2-3 times a weak when fresh. The book says that it's a program for ADVANCED minimalists.

Now, if you want general condition go with S&S and if you want to enhance sport performance with explosievness go for Q&D, but always beware of the programming, as it is quite specific program!

Best of luck :)