Q: Please give me feedback on my wfh workout routine for losing weight and getting fitter :)

bouncebeat

Hello,

I'm quite overweight because I suffered from a long depression, but now with proper medicamentation I'm ready to get back into the drivers seat.

At first I changed my diet, so that I'm now around 1200-1800 healthy calories a day and can lose weight. Second, I want to become fitter without overdoing it at the beginning..

As I am working from home and have many calls and meetings I tried to find "easy" workouts to do between the calls; at the moment I do daily, but spread over the day:
  • 10 min (increasing by 1 min per week) high intensity boxing on the heavy bag
  • 45-60 min medium to fast walking (walking pad on the desk)
  • 70+ (increasing when possible) crunches
  • 30+ (increasing when possible) squats
  • 3 x 14 sitting curls per arm, increasing weight when possible
  • 3 x 11 bending bar presses, increasing weight when possible
This way I can spread my workout over the whole day.. do you think this routine is okay for someone who wants to lose fat while getting fitter? My aim is not to get bulky or ripped muscles, but only to be fit and healthy.

Thank you so much!

@bouncebeat Doing something is better than doing nothing. This all seems fine.

I’d suggest throwing in some form of push up. Starting with wall pushups is perfectly fine advance to kneeling push-ups when ready.

Good luck!