Quitting sugar --- healthy or too restrictive?

@karenyk78 And virtually no effort, either! Just mash 'em together, throw cinnamon at it, and put in the microwave until it reaches the desired consistency or your spouse yells at you for making the apartment smell like bananas - usually about 1-3 minutes.

@lulu_glo I would do the quick version - a bite of banana and a spoonful of butter, repeat a couple of times, then think long and hard about how unfair it is that peanuts are that high in calories.

@karenyk78 right? The banana helps though, to get a good balance between them you have to go lighter on the peanut butter.

my other "fancy" version is slice the banana, nuke the PB long enough to soften it, then drizzle on top. And the act of putting even just a couple minutes of effort in makes it feel more like I'm treating myself to something special.

@dawn16 I really like the brand Endangered Species. Some of the profits go to protecting endangered species and their Dark chocolate & Salted caramel bar is do die for IMO. But I also enjoy the 85% dark chocolate bar too. They also have a mint flavored high-percentage dark chocolate bar too which I love! I find them all at Natural Grocers.

@dawn16 My favorite so far is Green & Black's 70% dark chocolate. If I want something slightly less pricey, I usually go for something like Lindt or Ghirardelli in >70% dark chocolate (I think my favorite in those two brands is the 86%. I find the 90% to be a little bit too bitter).