*REALISTIC* 1 year šŸ‘ progress!

@cathy1964 I used to not do hip thrusts for this exact reason, and then I bought a squat sponge on the recommendation of Soheefit on Instagram. It's so much easier now, I love doing them.

No joke, even just the bar would hurt my hip bones horribly.

My husband finally tried it after months of comparing about similar pain, and even though he lifts waaay more than I do, a squat sponge made hip thrusts more comfortable for him.

@cathy1964 you could try some of these ! my gym doesnā€™t have any decent bar protective things and i always struggled with getting a yoga mat to fit. i got one of these and doubled my hip thrust because i could put so much more weight on without hurting my hips! :) still a bit of a hassle to set up tho

@avaaddams33 not OP but you sit with your back against the seat and your hips under the part that usually goes on your shins to push up!

if you search leg extension machine hip thrusts there should be pictures/videos :)

@xalith Ahh I see. The first guy said ham curl machine, and my hamstring curl machine is different atm, it's the 1 legged hamstring curl where you're mostly standing. But I've had the ones before where you're lying, which is also set up just like the leg extension.

@afunme my school introduced it this year and i was like ā€˜hmmmm why notā€™ since lifting had been a hobby of mine for quite some time beforehand, and i figured it would also help me sculpt my own workouts and educate me on maximum gainz

and thankyou! my story is loooooong from over but we chuggin along

@jvanfossen i was pretty strong to begin with because of a background in volleyball but iā€™ve been ā€˜liftingā€™ for about 2 and a half years now. i say ā€˜liftingā€™ though because i didnā€™t start to take it seriously until november of 2018 when i joined powerlifting.

actually... powerlifting is probably why, haha

@cathy1964 I remember being on the powerlifting team when I was in HS. I never made the epic gains you have, but I do recall having to go up a size for my work pants because my strong AF thighs didn't fit in the old ones any more.

Congrats on your hard work and keep it up!

@cathy1964 What do you mean by joining powerlifting? Is there a group near you that you joined? I want to get into power lifting but don't know where to start so I'm just trying to teach myself from YouTube videos and my husband watching to help correct my form. But he also has limited knowledge on powerlifting.

@jj144 i was lucky enough that my school created a team this year, but iā€™m sure there are leagues out there. i know itā€™s ~hated~but crossfit seems to be a similar type of community