Review my diet and suggest improvements

vergel

I’m dieting and training to lose weight and preserve muscle. Started the journey on Feb 27th and have lost 9 kgs so far - down from 97 to 88 kgs. It is going good and I am seeing results. What I would like is to share my diet plan and get your feedback.

I am 5ft 6 inches tall.

Average calories 1400-1600 per day
Protein - around 140-160g per day
Fat - 60-70g per day
Carbs - whatever I can fit in my calorie count. I’ll typicallly do 1 tortilla or white rice or sweet potatoes. Some days I will only get carbs from veggies.

I perform intermittent fasting so I only eat lunch and dinner. This has been working well for me. Although the calories seems low, I am not feeling hungry or like I’m starving myself. I’ve been progressing every week on my lifts. I’m scared to increase my calorie count and gain weight.

Completely stopped drinking since the start of the diet and planning to only drink after six months or maybe more.

I am lifting 5 times a week - Stronger by Science Hypertrophy program.

My main concern is my protein intake and I’d like to know if it’s sufficient. Other than that, I’m open to all kinds of suggestions and critique.

@vergel Yep seems perfect. If you're losing weight and your lifts are improving that proves you're in the perfect zone for nutrition. Keep doing exactly what you're doing.

@vergel You’re getting plenty of protein. 9 kgs is a lot in 51 days, but if you’re beating the amrap targets in that program on a consistent basis, you’re doing just fine. I think I would die running that program on 1400-1600 calories, so color me impressed. Keep it up.

@swordland Yes, I’m able to beat the AMRAP targets by 1 or two reps every week. But my weights are low. I presume it will be become exponentially more difficult as the weeks progress. Thanks for the positive encouragement!

@vergel It’ll become more difficult for sure, but it’s auto regulated so it shouldn’t get too bad. If it does start to feel overly exhausting, keep in mind that you’re in a deficit and consider lowering the sets (or allowing yourself some additional carbs before the workout). It’s a good program though. Enjoy it.

Back