Rogue Invitational - final day

@giftsigns First, Laura won fair and square at the Games and this weekend regardless of who was or wasn’t there. Period.

I think that her comment mentioning Tia made it wide open for interpretation. Was it directed at the people being jerks or a passive dig at Tia? Who knows, honestly. My knee jerk reaction was thinking it was a weird flex to say that since Tia had a baby five months ago, while Laura did not. After some time has passed, I think Laura is just frustrated at being undermined and getting heat that she doesn’t belong at the top of the podium, when she very clearly does.

Regardless, and as someone said in this thread, you can simultaneously appreciate Laura’s athleticism and Tia’s absolutely mind-boggling experience. Having a baby and doing what Tia did is beyond human.

@jakefromsf I think it was very clearly directed at everyone saying she needs to beat tia to be legit. Tia didn’t have to compete, she clearly felt ready enough to attempt it

@nebula1 Honestly, no one but Laura will ever know the intent, and that’s okay. I think Tia will keep doing Tia things and Laura will keep doing Laura things. I am excited to see what happens in 2024 and not just with Tia and Laura. I want to see more coverage on the other athletes, especially with Emma Lawson. She is 18, a top contender, and consistently ignored. With that being said, overall coverage of these competitions leave more to be desired. I hope that improves this year because I want to see as many athletes as I can compete.

@kennybest Oh don't get me wrong. I love the convos. I'm a little torn cuz I do love watching and talking about the action. Rogue gets tangential, like last night it was more podcast of Brian Shaw's deadlifting rituals which is amazing. And I know the first 3/4 of the deadlift can be boring so talking about Shaw was pretty cool.

@kennybest You haven't really missed a lot by not buying Premium content, but if they do it next year, I'll probably still get it.

There are things they could have done better - focus on more athletes (sometimes most the cameras are focused on the same person), the streams are not synchronized properly (they go out-of-sync in a strange way), not possible to go back to an earlier point in the stream until they release it hours or the next day after the stream has finished, the occasional hitches, etc.

Still, I like the idea of being able to see multiple cameras at the same time, and I can listen to someone else talking when I get tired of the commentary.

@kennybest I honestly feel I was scammed. If some see some value...great...but I have a sour taste in my mouth just thinking about it.

Agree the free stream is top notch.

@dom77 I thought I would be able to view the content at a later time (I’m from Europe and a sleep during most of the events), I haven’t been able to find anything. I’m never paying for a ‘premium’ package again.

Back