Safest pressing exercise for shoulders

@harmonmarie I have never had any issues with any variation of dips or puhh ups in shoulders. Had a bit of an issue with sternun pain on ring dips but I managed to minigate it with more consistent form. I avoid wide push ups or wide ring dips for now though, those can be rough on the shoulders.

If you want to try them but arent sure just do shoulder mobility exercises as a warm up and do both dips and push ups or whichever your prefer

@destinyrealized you basically need to reboot and start over with costochondritis. Steven Low has talked about this so many times.

i got stupid with dips once (max test strict, then frog kip and swinging dip on rings with ample rest to compare) i think i logged this on the CF forum back then.

and basically had to take it back to pushup support work and shrugs, then pushups, dip support-shrugs then dips. early 2009.

then to rings and so on on.

bowed out of CF Regionals a month or two out but was fine by the time it came around and i judged. fine enough to do the last workout for funsies

@b5268 Put your hands on collarbone (a little toward one side, central) and then lean your neck away from that hand/collarbone (diagonally) kind of hard to explain but it worked for me, I had it bad and this stretch cleared it up.

@destinyrealized Took a step back and improved my rto support hold. Then i went back to do dips without rto at the top with good form shoulders touching rings every rep then did them with rto at the top 45º degrees. Also I lowered the volume from 4 sets in 2 sessions per week to 3 sets in 2 sessions.

Back