Seeking replacement sneaker for the inov-8 f-lite 235 gen 2

girl4god27

In the past the gen1 and now gen 2 of this sneaker have been my favorite thing to train in - and has been an absolutely perfect fit.

As for the newer model of the f-lite 235, I heard that it is now not a zero drop, which is disappointing, and also that the toe box is smaller, which is an absolute deal breaker.

I'm seeking something that performs well for most activities, especially moderately heavy lifting, and sprinting. Distance running is not a priority. I have a strong preference for something zero-drop, with relatively thin/ lightly cushioned soles.

I have already tried the inov-8 xf-210 and it was much too narrow in the toe box, but the rest of the sneaker fit good fwiw. The only sneaker I am seriously considering right now is the vivo Primus lite 3, though I have gotten the impression that it will be a much thinner and less cushioned sole.

Update:

Ordered the gen3 f-lite 235s. Returned them because they have too much cushioning on the front of the sole, a noticeably narrower toe box, and less firm upper around the heel/ankle, but stiffer upper around the middle of the foot and toe box. Overall, a huge downgrade from the gen2. Returning and trying vivo Primus lite 3.

Update 2:

Got vivo Primus lite 3 in my usual size. Slightly too big around the heel and the mid foot with nearly 3cm of dead space in front of my toes ? Sizing down and hoping for the best.

Update 3:

I got the vivo Primus lite 3 one size smaller than my usual size, perfect fit overall. A bit stiffer, and less arch support than I am accustomed to, but overall very very comfortable. I'll likely buy a couple more pairs of these just to keep as backups.

@girl4god27 I really like the 245 - wide toebox, great for short runs, heavy lifts, etc. It’s my go-to for everything.

It is a 3mm drop though. I don’t notice it, but if you’re dedicated to 0 drop, it might not be what you’re looking for.

Depending on the level of cushioning you’d like, I’d try the Vivobarefoot motus, the Altra Solstice XT (wide toe box) or the Xero 360. I was going to recommend the NB minimus TR, which I used years ago, but it looks like it might have a drop

@rdupreez Also a 245 fan but try this OP— email them and ask. I wore the 210 for many years and when they stopped making it I emailed them and explained what I liked about it and what I was planning on using it for and what would they recommend?

They could not have been nicer. Recommended the 245. Told me I could send it back if I didn’t like it but it has become my favorite shoe.

Thanks everyone

Honestly I just ordered the 235 v3 in my usual size

It LOOKS like they only changed the heel height, and something tells me I'll still be able to do stiff leg deadlifts and all that jazz in them - worst case scenario is I buy special flats for pulling only, maybe the bearfoot ursus, my old pair of 235s. Heck at this point I'd consider pulling in my Xero Dillons ( great casual sneaker )

While the 245 also looks like a decent option overall and has a slightly lower drop, they rate it as having a less roomy toe box which is a bigger concern for me.

We'll see how this works out

@girl4god27 Can you clarify this comment? They run small or the there just wasn't enough width in your correct size? I'm also looking to upgrade my V2s and unsure of sizing. TIA

@jsimm They’re all around smaller, especially in the toe box.

Let me know if you find a suitable replacement for the v2, I’m still in the market.

Back