Severely struggling to stay consistent

mahhko

Hi guys, I desperately need tip on how I can stay consistent & disciplined. I’m a 21 y/o & in January, I originally started my weight loss journey & started at 180 & hit my lowest weight of 175 in February. I took about a month off in march which then continued to April and now I’m at 181 lbs. my goal weight is 130lbs. This is not my first time starting a weight loss journey & I keep losing the same 5 pounds. I tend to fall off my weight loss journey whenever I get low on groceries & tend to stop tracking calories. Im getting tired & it’s starting to feel like I’ll never reach my goal weight & I will stay fat forever. Can anybody please share what has made them stay consistent?

@mahhko Build the habits you need for the life you want. Pick a day each week to grocery shop and meal prep so you always have your meals planned ahead of time. Build activity into your day via walking. If you don't have an exercise routine start working out 3x a week.

Even when I have weeks that don't follow the usual routine, or weeks that I feel lazy or sick, I still have these habits to fall back on. I might cave and get takeout one day, but I still have meals in the fridge for the next day. I might skip a workout but I still get 10k steps each day.

@mahhko If you know tracking keeps you consistent, then set an alarm that reminds you to track your intake. I would find a friend to do this with so you can both keep each other accountable, share meal ideas, etc, and that can help with motivation.