Short torso girlies, where are you?!

jesseyoung20

I’d love to see 5 ft tall, short torso girlies who are achieving their goals! Obviously, we all carry weight differently but I’ve noticed that I carry a lot of weight on my midsection but I’d love to see some motivation if you are around 5ft qnd have a short torso and are achieving your goals and what those look like!

@geoh777 I got a reduction and I suddenly have a waist!!! I know that’s not what everyone wants, but it’s definitely the boobs that eat up our waistlines lol

@jeskalynn I have no idea what's my size anymore because I tend to wear sports bra. I was 38C years ago and I gained a lot of weight, I don't feel like I look much different on my body but the breasts are definitely bigger. I don't really have back pain but I'm actually thinking of getting a reduction. Not sure if I should just wait and see if I lose weight first though 🤔

@neversurrender I don't like bras, I'm good with minimal support. I'm even used to not wear any. I wear basic sport bra unless I have a special occasion and want to look nice (which happens like once a year)

I wear really good sport bras if I work out.

But I'll check it out. When I buy a real bra I usually ask to get help with sizing. I guess it would be interesting to get some tips

@cmjohnson1613 That's understandable.

To put it in a different perspective, many of us with larger breasts tend to hate bras because of how tight they feel, the straps slip or hurt, the underwire pokes out or cause sores, but that's because we've all been put into horribly fitting bras just so the salesperson can make the company some profit.

Years of that has made so many of us, and continues to make many of us, feel like there's something wrong with us when it's actually just the wrong sized bra.

It's definitely worth looking into and you may get sticker shock if you get a cup size larger than a D!

The Irish Bra Lady on instagram is also a good resource for seeing what properly fitted sizes look like. :)

@neversurrender Good ones are also so overpriced for something that you supposedly need to wear everyday.

I also have sensitive skin, eczema, excessive sweating because of some medication. Bras are usually just too much for me as it feel itchy. If the straps are not too small and digging in the skin it's really wide and thick and looks bad.

I just never find anything that is comfortable to me, if I do it's gonna be a 100$ for it. I'm just really annoyed at bras the only reason I still wear sports bras is so they don't jump everywhere when I walk. If I get a reduction I'll definitely stop wearing them (+1 reason for reduction on my list)

@cmjohnson1613 Oh I agree! But at least they last when taken care of and some sites have good deals when they're on sale (between 25-50 bucks) vs paying full price between 60-80 bucks.

Sensitive skin buddies!! For sure certain fabrics cause me itching as well so I stick to the brands that work for me and aren't so scratchy.

That's understandable. I promise there are plenty of cute, regular bras out there that don't have to feel bulky or unsupportive. There are lots of brands that are really good and that keep them in place just as good as a sports bra, without the bulk/high impact performance!

Lurk the ABTF sub a bit and Goodluck!!
Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

@jesseyoung20 I know the Kardashians don’t need my support or endorsement, but I find the skims bras made from the shape wear material do a good job of boosting the girls up without padding. (They’re big enough without added thickness most bras have, so I like that the material is thin.) I’m 5-1 with a 40 inch bust.

@jesseyoung20 Some minor tips: Seek out (example) A line dresses and add belted accessories to boxier tops to create the illusion of a waist line. IMO the A line really accentuates the figure, accentuates curves and acts like spanx in all of the needed places. Coupled with a nice heel, it's everything.

Discover the colors that work best with your skin tone and that make you feel great. This actually gives you added pop to your clothing and your mood. A good mood means you're going to be glowing.

Edit: link for A line dress

@jesseyoung20 being short can be so annoying. I legit feel like im shaped like an astroboy character. At 5’2 the leanest i got was 108lbs but it was extremely inconvenient to sustain (story of any petite girl tho)

@slimjack18 Girl same! I'm 5'1, currently 105lbs. Lowest I've ever been was 92, I did like how I looked. It was a very stressful period and I was skipping meals, I wasn't in a very good place mentally, I basically didn't feel like eating. Not healthy and not sustainable