Short torso girlies, where are you?!

@jesseyoung20 5"0' and when my palm touches my ribs, my fingertips dig into my hip bones 😂... crop tops meet the top of my mid rise pants, so I'm pretty sure I'm one of these folks. High rise pants make me look like a grandpa, but it doesn't stop me from wearing them!

I carry my weight in my stomach, back and arms. Low carb, low fat, medically supervised 900 VLCD, and cutting back on alcohol has led to a significant size difference in my stomach over the past 3 months. According to my weight loss clinic, I've had quite a reduction in my visceral fat, going from 15 to 10 in 2 months (yay). I still have a little gut, so I still have lots of room to keep going. 17 pounds down between Jan 4 and April 5 and working on 5 pounds increments until I figure out a happy and healthy weight.

You can do it! It will take commitment to changes, but it will be worth it and you'll feel a lot better, not just about your torso!

@jg_lrd The distance between the edge of my palm and the tip of my middle finger is between 6.75 and 7 inches, so the distance between my bottom rib and my hip bone is less than 7 inches. Note: I am not a person who understands bio, body parts, or anatomy.

@jesseyoung20 Oh yeah that sounds like me. My bra strap almost touches my waist band 😬 like if I put my hands on my waist, one side of my hand touches my ribs and the other side touches my hips.

Yeah fitness is hard. I cannot, will not eat the daily recommended 2000 calories or whatever the hell they recommend. I've seen some posts here on this sub with people saying you shouldn't go under 2000 and I keep quiet but give them major side eye. Sorry but every inch makes a big difference and at 5'2" I simply cannot eat what a woman at 5'7" can eat. I will look and feel like a meatball.

I'm currently sitting at 129 lbs and have a ways to go before reaching my 110 goal. I historically know that 110 is the place where I am at my desired lean muscle and physique. I posted recently if you want to see my most recent pic. Literally all my weight is concentrated on my midsection, I carry none of it on my hips, thighs, etc.

Side note, pregnancies sucked ass. My babies had nowhere to grow but out and I looked and felt miserable.

@jesseyoung20 I can fit 2, almost 3, fingers between my ribs and hips. Is yours smaller than that? I think I might have a short torso because things like overalls always have a crotch that is way too low and shirts generally are very long. But I wouldn’t say I carry weight in my mid section. It’s mainly in my arms and legs.

@jesseyoung20 I'm 41 yrs old, 4'10.5" tall and went from 168 lbs to 149-ish. I don't have a goal weight. I just need to be able to scramble down the stairs in an emergency without feeling like I'm going to cough up a lung and blacking out.

Took photo appx 20 mins ago - about 149 lbs:
https://ibb.co/LYSHTBp
https://ibb.co/30Djf8k

Was 168-ish lbs 3 years ago:
https://ibb.co/BC68cVc

Was 100 lbs, late 20s:
https://ibb.co/d2vSfz7

Belly button and hips really don't lie. I'm losing my beautiful ass so fast and there's nothing I can do about it. It sucks but I'm resigned to this fact.

A decade of weight training is the result above in my 20s btw. At 100 lbs I had nothing in my tush. I barely have any visible muscle definition at all. Despite that I was able to pick up an 80 lbs lawn mower (With full gass tank!) clear off the bed of a truck while standing on the street, pivot and smoothly lower it at the time.

@candimarie I think you look nice at any of these weights. You have a nice hourglass shape and your waist stay visible. Your weight seem evenly distributed too and your belly is really cute. It's just what I observed, I do hope you get to a weight you're comfortable. ☺️

@cmjohnson1613 Thank you! I've never thought about my belly being cute before. LOL I'm looking down at it, annoyed that it's so round. Seen from the side I look pregnant or have a beer belly but I should be kinder to myself, I guess.

I appreciate the encouragement!

@jesseyoung20 Yup, 5'2 and at least I have long legs. It looks like my belly button is abnormally high as it's smack bang in the centre rather than lower third. Also think the short torso is WHY fat wants to gather there first, I mean if I have the same amount of fat cells as average then they are condensed in a smaller space.

Weightlifting and HIIT is having best results for me, getting stronger, recompositioning, and gradually addressing the fat all over!

@rad I’m not actually measuring calories. I dabble with a bit of intermittent fasting, not consistently, and trying to make better choices. Protein shake after gym, slightly smaller dinner plates and not always choosing carb heavy meals, going for more veg heavy.. swapping out or skipping the carb/bread. I’d probably have more progress if I did measure but it’s just I reaaaally hate being that detailed and mathy.. I keep it up for one snack and then I don’t remember to do it again

@rad Oh!! And got rid of sugar in tea/coffee (tho i have a 0-sugar syrup for coffee). That probably did a lot on its own. Avoiding too much of that! Only have small treats like choc infrequently

@jesseyoung20 I always feel weird with my proportions. I carry weight in my boobs and belly. I have wide shoulders and a wide ribcage with no hips and slender legs. If I ballooned up, I'd probably look like Danny Devito as the Penguin.

Hopefully I can lose some belly fat. I can deal looking like a little boy.