Sometimes…it just comes down to grit🤷🏾‍♀️

@marylync915 I mentioned one particular influencer who said this particular phrase and I also mentioned that she’s lost a substantial amount of weight while having a normal job. No kids…I believe. I could be wrong there

But, the fact that she has real life is what allowed me to take her statement seriously and had the affect on me. I absolutely agree if this had came from someone who wasn’t leading a “normal day to day life” I absolutely would have took it with a grain of salt and kept pushing.

Once again, I mentioned that Grace is important and I also mentioned “sometimes.” Multiple things can be true at once, and hopefully this specific post today resonates with someone who has the ability to just get up and get the work done. Whether that’s cooking a healthier meal, going our for a walk, or even setting up a plan for the next week.

Edit: spelling!

@toemaytoe Huh? “Regretting eating a single piece of food” that’s what you took from “being annoyed about eating something you really didn’t even want?”

I’ve sat down and ate BAGS of chips out of boredom instead of NOT eating and finding something else to do. It’s a problem I’ve addressed and built skills around to avoid. You taking that specific statement and belittling it to fit your point tells me all I need to know🤷🏾‍♀️

When did I look down at anyone??? ALSO who in the hell said I’m SKINNY??? The fact that you think I have to be anywhere near “skinny” to have this perspective is crazy. Baby girl has a 33in gut I’m trying to get rid of…again at 5’1. 41% body fat. Not skinny babes.

Edit: Note that I said “sometimes, it just takes grit.” Never did I say that the reason people aren’t successful isn’t because they aren’t working hard enough, but that in SOME cases, it may be playing a role.

@jodi1028 Yeah, it's the immediate defensiveness and projection for me. I didn't read your post as looking down on anyone or implying that a person must regret what they eat. And you certainly didn't belittle what challenging situations others go through outside of their fitness.

What you said is true. It does take grit, and it takes discipline and consistency. Whatever that may look like for anyone to make it fit into their lifestyle, it works.

@jman1285 Yeah, I knew my post was very direct, but I didn’t think it was belittling and they obviously made some immediate assumptions that says alot.

I’m not talking about situations or people who are truly going through it (whatever that means for individualized situations), sometimes making it to the gym is the last thing on anyone’s mind in certain points in their lives-as it should. But, to NOT acknowledge that many people could benefit from someone telling them to “just do it, friend” isn’t realistic or true.

@jodi1028 Look, I think I didn't really follow what your post was about. I thought you were criticising influencers who've been missing their routine but justifying it as living their lives instead, saving that they were making excuses/being undisciplined.

I'm glad that you've figured out what you want and how to get there. And if you're finding strategies to maintain the discipline you need, like for example by weighing up the pros and cons of each choice, then that's cool. I'm totally here for learning about and from your personal journey. I guess I'd say it's a lot easier to digest your meaning and not leap to conclusions if you talk about your own personal journey and wins instead of commenting on potential issues with other people's approaches. Even if it's complete common sense - that some sort of discipline is a key component of maintaining a healthy lifestyle - it could seem like it's criticising.

@jodi1028 Agree and this is why I’ve just accepted a range of goals versus a strict value point. There’s give and take and that’s okay! We all gotta be realistic about what’s feasible for us based on our lifestyles

@jodi1028 I don’t follow any ‘influencers’ but I do follow nutrition scientists and competitors…and this is something they have always said…and done. People just don’t get it. To get anything in life that needs work, you have to put in the effort. Did you want a specific job? You worked at your resume and you worked at that interview to get it. Want to go to a specific school? You had to apply, maybe write an entrance essay or whatever hoops they wanted from you. For someone to get on social media to say that changing themselves in a positive way isn’t hard…they are bullshitting people and clickbaiting. Everything is “figureoutable.” It’s whether you want to put in the work to do it…and yes, choose your hard. Eating an apple or having a chronic disease related to poor health…and I don’t think that’s a hard decision at all.

@jodi1028 I also saw a video that gave similar advice!! I totally agree. I swear a flip switched in me when hearing that the first time. It’s such good advice to stay disciplined, because that’s the main thing I struggled with.