Started CrossFit two months ago! Ran a mile without stopping today for the first time in my entire life!

@rgw00 YES!!! So happy for you!!! So many more milestones to come. I've been doing crossfit for about 18 months now. In that time, I've climbed a rope for the first time in 20 years, done the first handstand push up of my life, and so many other HOLY CRAP I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THAT moments. Stick with it! So excited for you!!

@rgw00 Oh yeah!! And my first pull up in who knows how long. And yes, kicking up to a handstand was a big accomplishment, too. But then one day I just felt it - I knew I could get a handstand push up. And I DID. Now I can do like 15! So life changing. So excited for you. It’s a whole new life. Just be careful. Slow progress is progress. Just showing up is progress.

@treva My first workout was actually a partner workout on the beach for the gyms anniversary so it was pretty fun, and now I don’t know if I have a favorite workout but my favorite things to work on are handstands and pull-ups!! Obviously modified.

@rgw00 What's stopping you from doing a handstand? Just curious, as I don't think of it as requiring a lot of strength. Or are you trying to do a handstand hold for a certain amount of time? I've been working on my handstands, too... Sommmmeday I will get a handstand push-up 🤞

@rgw00 I’m a firm believer running slowly kills you..

But all jokes aside, that’s accomplishment is AWESOME. Distance running/biking/rowing/etc I think plays a key part in overall fitness, and it feels amazing when you hit those milestones! I bet the next time you run a mile you’ll smash your previous time.

Keep grinding man. You got this!

@rgw00 Congratulations! That’s awesome! I also ran the first mile of my life in CrossFit (age 29 at the time) and have since run my first ever 5k without stopping to walk. Both of these are things I never would have imagined being able to do before CrossFit.