Stretched Pause and slow negative

@wwjosh19 Prove me wrong. Those are the facts.

You can rattle off a 5 paragraph response regurgitating everything Mike has told you but it doesn't change the facts.

@mrbrain Aight.

“He uses steroids and he's never been in shape.

Let's get it right. No one in the greater bodybuilding community takes him seriously because guess what? He's never been in shape.”
  • He came 2nd as Masters nationals, I’d say that’s pretty decent shape, decent enough to be “in shape”
  • As far as the steroids go, why are some fragile Natty’s so hung up on people choosing to use steroids? Especially when it’s part of their occupation. That’s a you problem.
  • He’s super well respected in the ‘greater’ bodybuilding community along with the coaches that work under him, multiple videos of them training IFBB pros and talking to their coaches are available at a quick Google.
“Never coached anyone who's ever been in shape. Helped Nic Walker out recently and guess what, Nic snapped his shit up.”
  • Again, Nicks injury has nothing to do with RP training. He has trained multiple IFBB pros including Jared Feather and Nick Shaw.
“Talk all your shit but get in shape first. Coach someone who's achieved something significant.”
  • See above. Not a damn fact in sight.

@aswedrf No it isn't.

Outside of his small niche he is not well respected in the wider bodybuilding community.

Too many, especially on here weirdly enough, thinks he represents bodybuilding.

Escalating volume? No one does that.

Super lengthened rom? No one does that.

There is a reason these things have not been adopted by the bodybuilding community over the last 100 years and it's not just 'bodybuilders are dumb' like some of you believe.

@mrbrain You're making such generalized statements and assumptions I'm not even sure where to begin. What metric are you using to determine if he's respected in the bodybuilding community? Do you represent the body building community? Plenty of people practice escalating volume and stretch eccentrics, both are actually wildly popular right now if you look into any lifting social medias. He doesn't represent bodybuilding but he's a valid and educated resource that many people swear by.

@neverbeenalone Coming from a powerlifting background, when I started doing paused stretches and slow negatives, I got quite a bit more growth. Eric Janicki is a huge fan of a deep stretch (granted, he’s on the muscle nectar).

@neverbeenalone Besides the other points being made, another is being in a deficit for a show where your joints are less insulated and more prone to injury so slow eccentrics with pauses with less weight is key to train without getting injured.

Back