This is my one transformation after starting lifting

claireanneh

One year

So I started weightlifting almost one year after my brother tragically passed away from a heart attack. He was 29 at the time, we are/were barely a year apart. It was the most life changing event, ever. He meant the entire world to me, he was a king amongst men. Valhalla has him now, and I know he has a chair waiting for me. But it was a jolt, a realization. Your health is not only meaningful to you, but other people. Your livelihood and health are not only detrimental to you, but the ones you love. It made me feel like I was being selfish because I saw how his death affected not only me, my family, but so many others. Love yourself and others. Become and stay healthy. Please.

I will be very honest when I say, I have not lost much weight at all. MAYBE 10 pounds. My waist was 30-31 when I started, now its 24.5. I have lost about 7 inches off my hips and my ass looks pretty damn good. Because now I have one! I cut out dairy and gluten, which was way easier than I thought. I started eating way more protein and lifted as heavy as I could. I never ever ran before. My thought was, unless the cops were chasing I wasnt running. Last month I finished my first 5k ever under 30 minutes. Yeah....I didnt know squatting could help that. I plan on another 5k next month. I started cardio within the past two months, never did it prior
My routine

edit:
My whole album

edit2:
I am currently fluctuating between 116 and 119, 5'4 and I am not a huge calorie tracker but I would say over 2000 on work out days with a 60/20/20 split C/P/F and about 1600 on non workout out days with a 20/40/40 split.

Edit3:

I am so sorry first off for all the edits. And thank you guys so much for all your amazing comments and wow. I think I just had a little break down at work. Yes, y'all made me cry. Good cry!!!! Also I do want to mention something that I think is REALLY REALLY SUPER IMPORTANT. I did make a switch to the lean gains diet, but modified it to fit me. But when I started working out, I felt super bloated, I felt fatter, and it was like my jeans because sausage casings for my thighs. I looked at my diet, my workouts, and just about gave up. I didnt like my clothes feeling tighter and the scale didnt more.

It was muscle. It was the muscle forming under my fat, it made me feel gross. So for about 2/3 months I felt like I was in constant Stay-Puft Marshmallow mode. As if I was on my period. Push through it, I know it sucks and I've been there. BUT your muscle WILL start burning that fat. You can be sitting on your ass and be burning more fat that if you didnt have the muscle. Don't stop because "its not working". It took how many years for your ass to get that way in the first place? It sure as hell wont change over night. Don't expect it, don't believe gimmicks, your overweight coworker, your crazy aunt that buys all that infomercial shit, or anyone else that can't physically prove it.

Oh dear...edit 4:

My work out:

I had a severe case of fuckarounditis for the first year after my brother passed. I aimlessly wandered in and out of yoga classes. I was directed to /r/fitness from a friend where I aptley stumpled upon /@asklaura_tv's post and amazing ass transformation gif. This post was my starting point Also the FAQ, seriously...bookmark it. It answered EVERY QUESTION I HAD. It was gold for me starting off when I found my self googling "power cage", "how much does an olympic bar weigh", "why does the smith machine suck so bad", "what the fuck is a macro". All that stuff is there, waiting for you to absorb.

Mostly I went for the SS routine except OHP's because lord knows I couldnt get the bar more north than my sternum. Bench, deadlift, squats 3x a week and then mixed in Jamie Easons Live fit trainer on other days. Super basic and quick to do. Thats it folks! With a couple yoga classes a week to keep the doms at bay. :)

@claireanneh Hi! First off, congrats! That's amazing! I'm actually just starting to workout and came across your post and realized what you're doing is exactly what I'm looking for! I'm quite similar to where you started and mostly just want to build useful muscle and get fit! What did you start out doing? I'm a little weary about going over to the bars and bench and whatnot with all those beefed up dudes around, and I have no idea what I'm doing. Any advice?

@claireanneh Surely you can do an OHP now, even if it's just the bar? I love the OHP, it feels so good and it seems like something you'd use. It's also the one lift you don't really need any other equipment for since all your other muscles are likely to be weaker.

@claireanneh I would love to have a body like yours! I made a fitocracy account just so I could see your routine, it looks amazing. Right now I only do squats and bench press--I'm nervous to start doing deadlifts because I feel like my form will be incorrect and it'll just fuck up my back forever. Stupid question--when you're listing your weight for squats, does that include the weight of the bar?

@claireanneh So amazing. I just want to thank you for your post because it hit so many things I am struggling with myself right now. I am not very large and so when I try to explain to friends that I am disappointed in my body, I feel like I don't get the encouragement I would like and instead am told that I look fine. I know that people are trying to be nice, but it is encouraging to see someone who only needed to lose a few pounds can look so completely different. I have been working out for about three weeks now (nothing too intense, but it is a start) and I have been really discouraged because I feel like I am bloated and fatter. I literally said to my roommate yesterday that I felt like a stuffed sausage in my jeans. It also means a lot to see a smaller girl be able to be so strong. I am often intimidated by the thought of weight lifting and now I know I just need to get over it. You are a bad ass.

@claireanneh saving this shit. I'm at your starting picture, and I've been trying to lose 10lbs for three fucking years and haven't gotten anywhere, even after trying to do SS. Maybe I need to give it another shot...

@claireanneh You look fantastic. I feel for your loss. The change you've made is fantastic even though the realization came from loss it was something that made you choose something good. Instead of living in food or something even worse you choose to be stronger and healthier. I am so happy for you. I'm printing off your routine for inspiration. You are a true success story.

@claireanneh Jesus Christ, you look FANTASTIC. One of the most striking transformations I've seen.

I'm sure it wasn't easy every day, but it was worth it. On behalf of every heterosexual guy that loves looking at gorgeous women, thank you.

@claireanneh Sweet baby Vishnu, gonna print you out and put you on my inspiration wall. I'm where you were, hope to get where you are. Absolutely amazing. Just really emphasizing patience and sticking with it.

@claireanneh You've just inspired me to seriously consider lifting. I'm 129, 5'7", and tired of the bulk on my lower half. Maybe aerobics won't be enough to satisfy me after all!

@claireanneh I notice you have some boxing gloves on in one of the pics; Right on! I love a heavy bag workout; I think that because it's so enjoyable it's so much easier to push yourself further.

@claireanneh You look amazing and this is exactly what I needed to read right now! I am just starting out with really lifting. I've been trying to increase my calories but it seriously freaks me out because of that bloaty sausage feeling after having just lost 20lbs with cardio and cutting. I'm saving this post and will be coming back to read it every time I start worrying and feeling that way.

@claireanneh I've been coming back to this post off and on for a couple days. I'm really inspired by your transformation, especially because I look a lot like your May '12 pic, I'm an inch shorter than you, and have a similar starting waist measurement. Just wanted to congratulate you and I'm hanging on your advice about the jeans being sausage casings! Thanks for posting!

@claireanneh Looking at your Fitocracy log it seems that you do heavy/intense workouts everyday. How is your body not blown out? Do you ever take rest days? Also do you have to work out every day to get results like you? Sorry for all the questions.