Tofu Is Bad, Actually

@yelhsalove Ok gotcha, well my last tofu plug: it’s great in smoothies. Adds a creamy texture without much tofu taste (assuming you have other ingredients in there with some meaningful flavor)

It’s the cheapest option I know of for low-fiber vegan protein. Dry beans are cheaper for overall vegan protein but I can only handle so much fiber in a day

@yelhsalove How are the macros bad? It's very high in protein and high in fat... It's a delight.

Also, you can make tofu taste like anything. Try air frying to the tofu and it will change your life.

@yelhsalove I like tempeh way better than tofu - easier to cook (doesn't stick to pan if you cook in a pan with oil, can air fry it easily) and has a nutty taste I prefer in anything savory to tofu.

I eat tofu though - my kid likes it and though I don't put it into smoothies, I've made vegan cheesecake and other deserts with it.

I don't see the point of maligning it - if you don't like it, don't eat it. But I don't see the point of most outrage social media either.

Back