V-sit, planche progression- is my form good ?

@shek I firmly believe that straight legs will come with quad strength and hamstring flexibility. Your hip flexors seem stromg enough. Try working actively on your scapula protraction on both exercises and consciously correct the form before reps. It worked for me before my various injuries (always protect wrists and elbows).

@shek Can you tell what do you do for hamstring flexibility? Mine seems to be so stiff that I'm currently unable to even lift it 90

@dawn16 First off, work on both hip and hamstring flexibility. I recommend you to check Gabo’s flexibility routines, they’ve helped me a LOT. Other than that give the seated pike stretch a try .

@shek I cant help you because my level on both exercises are a lot less than yours. At the moment i'm starting to work on my planche and I can do it with crossed legs tucked, do you think that will help me to improve it to where you are? did you do something different as regression of the exercise in the past? Keep it up bro!

@frhi What have really helped me was to hold tuck planches for at least 20 seconds along with pseudo planche push ups and planche lean(no more than 30 seconds). Did 5 sets of tuck, 4 of PPPU with high volume 8-15 reps and 4 of planche leans 20-22 sec each set. As you get stronger move to adv tuck planche by opening your legs more and more each week, don t push it too hard at first.

@shek Oh I will then add the PPPU to my routine, I was just practising leans or holds depending on the day, I will put it all together and get stronger! I will also not push it too much, at the moment I feel like my left biceps is about to explode. Thanks a lot for your answer bro!

@frhi You’re welcome bro. You can try to train pppu in one session and the other one replace it with planche holds, by doing that you will work on your strength and endurance as well. Good luck!

@shek I can give advice since I used to be able to hold a good 90 degree v sit and I can straddle planche with perfect form:

Planche:
V-Sit: Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of my v-sit ):

V sit: Lock your knees and point your toes. Other than that, it looks good. If you want to work on getting a higher v sit, work more on your pike fold and work on pike compression exercises.

Planche: Looks good, but point your toes. Once you get to straddle and/or full, make sure you have a hollow body position and have your knees locked as well.

@shek It never really occurs to me to specifically squeeze my glutes. As long as you focus on having straight lines (i.e. pointed toes, locked knees, protraction & hollowbodyfor the planche), you'll be engaging the right muscles. Very nice job, however, with keeping the arms straight though for both the v-sit and the planche.

I also just looked at the v-sit video again: depress your shoulders down and do not allow your scaps to protract (scaps should be neutral or retracted). However, your planche overall looks good (point the toes though)

BONUS: if you ever want to start training for the manna, have your hands facing backwards and retract your scaps and depress your shoulders down as you attempt to press your hips up from your v-sit. This is why I told you to depress and retract as you'll need that strength for the progression to a manna.

@catsaregorgeous Definitely, if you don’t have, buy some. Place them wherever you feel that it hurts the most. Don’t forget wrists and forearms warmup. I personally do some db wrist curls before training.

@shek The Planche is not good, shoulders and hip should be aligned. Do you also have the same form in previous progressions? If it is so, then I would work on a progression that allows you to maintain good form.

The V-Sit is good. You don't have to protract, the shoulders should be depressed and neutral.

@soccer2k14 I’ve seen this progression done by a lot of other atheletes. Also, last planche session was awful, I felt very heavy and weak(yk this feeling if you train calisthenics), this is the reason why I moved so much during the exercice. I’m trying to open my legs more from that “adv. frog stand”, I’m not jumping into full planche yet, just to make everything clear.

Back