vitamin D+K2 supplement and Omega 3 supplement suggestions

crawdadr

Can anyone reccomend any particular brands for me?

Hoping someone who has done their research regarding dosages can help me save some time and reccomend a brand with the optimum ratios of DHA/EPA, as well as D/K2.

Thanks!

@crawdadr Most health organizations recommend between 250 and 500 mg of combined DHA/EPA per day. I recommend any brand that uses lifes omega as this is the most sustainable and reputable one in the more absorbable triglyceride form. Some brands that use it include nordic naturals algae omega, and source naturals algae omega. For D3 any brand using a vegan source of vitamin D3 should be fine. For K2 I usually recommend menaQ7 as the company who owns them is the one behind some of the studies involving K2 and they use a high quality source. A few brands use menaQ7 K2. Including now supplements K2 mk7, and sports research. Sports research also has a supplement that contains D3 and K2. Sorry if this is confusing but yea.

@boosted Thanks for the link, I will check that out. I did consider chia and flax as an omega source but Ive read that the omega 3 from them is in the ALA form which isn't easily converted by the body into EPA/DHA.

I don't know how much evidence there is to support this but thought I would play it safe and take a supplement.

Back