[warning: data] The Outliers -- 2018 Open results with normalized rankings

@georgearriolamusic That's what the spreadsheet is for. I wrote a script to make a computer do all the work and tell me the results. Each time the least-fittest athlete is determined, all the remaining athletes are re-calculated to find the next least-fittest athlete.

@spinny A flaw in this post is the idea that if you removed one workout, the other workouts would stay the same. The open workouts are prepared considering the test as a whole. If you remove 18.2a, the open would be incomplete. One of the other workouts would have had to be changed to incorporate heavy oly lifts. In other words, the workouts are not completely independent of each other.

@spinny I like the reranks because i move from 12358 to 4212 in point totals which translates to +274 in the regional rankings. That's a HUGE jump.

my soft goal is to finish in the top 5% of the region and/or state but one of the flaws of the system as you've pointed out is people with no posted scores can still be listed high on the leaderboard. They should be moved lower down like when scaled athletes are parsed out from the main men's leaderboard.

Also in my state surrounding me there were definitely people who outlifted me on the clean by 20 or more lbs but I scored higher on the next workout with the gymnastics or the first one. But because they got a nice tie in single double digit territory and I didn't i get pushed down a ton.

EDIT: nvm i read the cells wrong for placement and i placed lower lol

Back