Was always starving in the morning after eating breakfast and finally took a look at the amount of protein I was getting

alexa0225

I’m not a huge breakfast person but I always have to eat due to my POTS symptoms being worse in the morning. So I’d have a small piece of toast with half an oz of cheese (sometimes) and 1 egg. Realized I was getting maybe 6-9 grams of protein with this “breakfast”. I’d end up starving again by the time I got to work and would snack on sugary granola bars once my appetite kicked in.

This morning I switched things up, added in some ham and other stuff and took a look at the amount of protein….23 grams!! I’m not even finished eating yet and I’m feeling full. If you feel like you’re always hungry and especially if you are working out daily, take a good look at the amount of protein you’re getting and don’t assume it’s enough just by eyeballing it.

@alexa0225 If you have access to Dave’s Killer Bread, I’d recommend that! The seeds and grains bread has 5 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per slice and really helps boost my breakfasts and lunches.

@tavares I love their English muffins! I usually do a Dave’s English muffin with whatever toppings, then scramble up 1 whole egg mixed with egg whites (I usually do about 130g of egg whites) a sprinkle of cheese and I’m almost at 30g of protein just for that meal.

@tavares Almost every day for breakfast I have two slices of Dave's raisin bread toast with a thin spread of whipped cream cheese and a half scoop of whey isolate protein powder (fruit flavored) in water. It satisfies the breakfast carbs craving, has enough protein to keep me full till lunch, and is less than 300 calories.

@alexa0225 There’s an influencer in TikTok I really like called yourjimbff and he talks about how it’s really important to load up on protein early in the day. You should check him out! I find that when I get 30 g of protein for breakfast (I had to experiment for that magical number), I make better choices throughout the day.

@alexa0225 I can't emphasize this enough, changing my protein intake has really improved my quality of life. I'm not tired, I'm not snacky, I'm not constantly thinking about my next meal.

My breakfast is now baked oats + scoop of protein powder. My snack is a smoothie with greek yogurt, maybe some protein powder, maybe some peanut butter.

@alexa0225 For my eggs I do one whole and 2-3 just egg white so I still get lots of protein but not as many calories. Plus eating 4 whole eggs would make me so sick of eggs quick. 🤮

@alexa0225 Anyone else have some high protein breakfast suggestions? I can't do ham. The most I typically do is like 15g from protein powder smoothie, 1 egg, and bread. I'm thinking maybe to add some greek yogurt to the smoothie?

@rosiem I have a hard time feeling satiated with any type of smoothies in the morning regardless of the protein amount, I think it has something to do with drinking instead of eating.

@rosiem I eat an egg and cheese sandwich pretty much every day for breakfast: just 2 slices of whole grain break with 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of mozzarella cheese. I also have a glass of banana milk with it!

The two slices of bread are 5g of protein, 2 eggs are 12g, 1 slice of mozzarella is 8g= 23g

The banana milk is 200ml of whole milk + half a banana= 7g of protein

Total 30 grams of protein. You could up that by adding protein powder to the banana milk, but I haven't bought a protein powder yet :)