"What Animal Do You Lift?" is back online!

readerjoseph

original post (from nine years ago):
the calculator was offline for a long while but all the infra things are finally upgraded, you can once again track if you have progressed from squatting a svelte wildebeest to a fledgling pacific walrus!

why is this post-worthy?
  1. when this first went live, it had a delightful reception, and in this current climate, it feels even more important to offer moments of joy to people wherever possible
  2. there are no ads, there's no data tracking (much less selling), i am paying fully out-of-pocket for this app and it'd be great to know my money is going towards providing some fun to folks (i.e., the app is being used)
http://whatanimaldoyoulift.herokuapp.com

(sort of x-posted from r/fitness but it's still pending moderator approval)

@readerjoseph My physical therapist asked if I had anything about 7 lb at home to use for some of my exercises…so now I literally lift my 7 lb toy poodle during some of my exercises. Does that count? 😂

@hiskid8883 Hello there! I am a bot raising awareness of Alpacas

Here is an Alpaca Fact:

Alpacas have split feet with pads on the bottom like dogs and toenails in front. The toenails must be trimmed if the ground isn’t hard enough where they are living to wear them down.

| Info| Code| Feedback| Contribute Fact

###### You don't get a fact, you earn it. If you got this fact then AlpacaBot thinks you deserved it!

@angelsue thanks for the heads up! looks like there were some intermittent database connectivity issues (which is why the first page loaded for you, but submitting didn't work). made some changes which hopefully makes connections moving forward more robust🤞(but also i suspect traffic will calm down / even out fairly soon)

@nathan2018 Glad to see that it's just not me! From personal experience I know that I can, bench, OHP, squat, dead lift my Dogo. He was completely out of pocket! I had to remove him my girl's lap. He was drowning her in licks and kisses.

@angelsue My guess is that when this was widely shared, it probably used up all of the developer’s free API calls. Super fun idea though. Maybe try again at the beginning of July?