What do you guys think of my workout routine?

saracarine

Recently made the switch from 5/3/1 to my own workout routine. Some factors I considered when making this are:
  • Wanted to start off each day with a compound lift with powerlifting rep range but not overdo it as I'd also like to work on hypertrophy.
  • I tried to do about 12 - 18 sets for each muscle group as that was recommended from online sources for more intermediate lifters.
  • In particular, I'm trying to grow a wider frame so emphasising shoulders. Also, trying to add size to arms so doing a little more arm work than usual.
  • I'm also trying to up powerlifting lifts, in particular, the bench press.
  • Also, trying to temporarily focus on losing some weight before getting back on a lean bulk so I'd expect the powerlifting goals to be put on hold a little bit till the bulk.
  • Don't want to spend more than 2 hours in the gym at a time. Ideally not more than 1.5h.
Max Stats (1RM):
  • Bench Press: 95 kg
  • Deadlift: 170 kg
  • Squat: 125 kg
  • Overhead Press: 60 kg
  • Bodyweight: 81 kg
Workout Routine:

Day 1:

- Bench: 3 x 3-5 / 2 x 6-8

- Cable Rows: 4 x 6-8

- Machine Chest Press: 4 x 6-8

- Pull Ups: 3 x 5-8

- Cable Rear Delt Flyes: 3 x 6-8

- Tricep Pushdowns: 3 x 6-8

- Bicep Curls: 3 x 6-8

Day 2:

- Deadlifts: 5 x 3-5

- Hack Squats: 5 x 6-8

- Leg Extensions: 5 x 6-8

- Calf raises: 4 x 6-8

- Plank

Day 3:

- Military Press: 3 x 3-5 / 2 x 6-8

- Reverse Peck Deck: 3 x 6-8

- Incline DB Bench: 4 x 6-8

- Bent Over Barbell Row: 4 x 6-8

- Lateral Raises: 3 x 6-8

- Overhead Tricep Extension: 3 x 6-8

- Bicep Curls: 3 x 6-8

Day 4:

- Squats: 3 x 3-5 / 2 x 6-8

- Leg curls: 3 x 6-8

- Hip Thrusts: 5 x 6-8

- Calf Raises: 4 x 6-8

- Plank

Let me know if there are any additional changes I should be making. Thanks!

@saracarine Wanting to save time and switch to your own workout after being on the BBB, I think that’s excellent!

I would recommend sense you are wanting to save time to let the accessory work stay between 2-3 Sets while implying ample sets on the main movements between 5-6 Sets as this is your priority to get stronger still it seems.

If you’re wanting to add more size to your arms and Back and Shoulders I’d recommend because those are the muscles that’ll make you look “wider” I’d have you do an Accessory day where this is your Focus and keep these days listed as your basic strength days. Also another BIG recommendation would be Supersets on your accessory work, super sets are a beautiful thing if you’re trying to get a good amount of intensity and work in and save time.